aaa Fungi - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Fungi

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             22-Jan-02  @  09:43 PM   -   Fungi

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Blue Breakz Fungi... dunno, maybe I listened to it too much the past few days, seems to get a bit boring after a while- although I am content with the material, think the arrangement needs some more thought.

Fresh ears please! (But don't get fresh with me now  

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             23-Jan-02  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Fungi

knowa

Link?:  Link

only able to listen on computer speakers, but the mix sounds too wet to me. the whole track sorta feels like an video-game introduction, too, which may be just what your after. I think it would stand on its own better if if had a strong lead playing a counter melody. maybe bring it in after the breakdown. when it comes back in about 3:30, it needs more energy. but there may be lots of subtle stuff I'm not picking up on in this listening environment.

Message 3/4             23-Jan-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Fungi

xoxos

y'know my personal vision (which may never be materialised.. working on another loan for big computer.. and if i can't DO IT for lack of.. cultural respect is what money comes down to for me.. i'll take someone else there with words..) is like sounds which play each others parts, one stream is the kick drum for one moment, the next it's playing lead, and the art is weaving all these transformatory sound sin and out of one another.. yeah.. you say 'as if..' because everyone's so hung up on this industrial tehcnology loop creation thing that's going on.. but the truth of the matter is.. it's getting old..

the new art will require the ability to constantly reinvent and transform sounds during a piece.. no mor eset and forget techno tracks.. we've come that far. i reckon the seventies, apparently, were about individuality.. and the eighties often contrasted that individuality starkly with conformity, ie. kraftwerk, mod haircuts.. and the nineties saw us all embrace the new technology as a seething e'ed out mass of unified conformed humanity.. but the NEW thing..

the new thing will be those of us who are strong enough to take what we've got.. this ability to do practically anything with sound.. and take it anywhare.. again, and again.. we've done individuality, went back to conformity.. now we're swinging back the other way, like another sixties, and we need individuals to lead us to the next stage of unabandoned individuality. step up and be the techno progressives or sit down and wish you had innit.

Message 4/4             24-Jan-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Fungi

Maarten

Thanks for the comments! I am going to read yours through a couple more times though Xoxos, sjeesh.. can't you compile your thoughts a bit more clearly for people who have english as their second language? :P But I think I get the picture though... boring as is as I stated.  

-M-

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)