aaa Can you identify this sound ? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Can you identify this sound ?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             23-Jan-02  @  07:42 PM   -   Can you identify this sound ?

KrYpToNz

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hiya, can anyone out there identify this sound (download from the url below) and the synth it came from. I have heard it on many dance tracks from the early 90's.

http://www.nz-online.co.nz/tkf/sound1.wav

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             23-Jan-02  @  09:55 PM     Edit: 25-Jan-02  |  09:33 AM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

milan

Link?:  Link

no idea. to me it sounds like it could be a sample, not a synth at all. but what do i know...

(edited due to a bunch of mad typos)

Message 3/9             23-Jan-02  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

k

Link?:  No link

aha... well beleive it or not, you can make that sound by taking a sustained sections of some harmony BV's and chop a chunk out,,, pitch & filter it...

Message 4/9             24-Jan-02  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

milan

HA! i knew it was a vocal! i should give myself more credit  

cheers, M.

Message 5/9             24-Jan-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

k

- yeah the more you listen the more you can start to 'hear' the missing beggining and decay of the vocal harmony eh!? - obviously certain harmonies would create different 'horn-strings' sounds..

I title the sound 'horn-strings' on my disks, cos it sounds like a car-horn fitted with a string sound -

hmmm.. wonder what sounds 'wailers' BV's could make eh! -

that's the beauty of sampling, much lost nowadays... the best sounds come from totaly unexpected sources treated in completely the wrong way i find.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             25-Jan-02  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

bster

good old hardcore sound that is

Message 7/9             01-Feb-02  @  07:30 AM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

Bass Assessor

Link?: Link

hmmm... sounds to me like it's simply some detuned saw of some kind with a narrow frequency boost somewhere.
Any synth can make the detuned saw sound. Sample this and load it into a wave editor and play around with the filters. Then when you've got the sound, load it into your sampler and play.

then again, i might be wrong 

Message 8/9             01-Feb-02  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

Pure Phase

Sounds like a JP8000 to me... all those classic sounds are on there...

Message 9/9             10-Feb-02  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: Can you identify this sound ?

Brett B

I created a sound like that on my bass station years ago with just some detuning of the osc. Then if you sample a hit of it, and do what kilo said with the attack & decay or use a gate, and pitch shift across the keys you would have that. All the cheesy old 90's and late 80's ravey tracks had that. "My name is Gino, Gino latino... bamp! bamp!...welcome" I think It's just an analog horn stab. So many tracks did have that sound between 89'& 93'. I do agree with K on the experimental sampling. That is why recycle and the player in Reason rock. Get an lfo modulating the filter on resequenced recycle loop. It turns into a crazy texture. There is a sample CD called mystic garage. They sample hits on glass, metal and other wierd stuff.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)