aaa reggae patterns - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: reggae patterns

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             25-Jan-02  @  03:10 AM   -   reggae patterns

nasir

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

interested in anyones feedback on reggae drum programming. particular hi-hat patterns, and different delay effects used by any dub reggae fans here.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             29-Jan-02  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: reggae patterns

xoxos

Link?: Link

damballah's got some reggae influenced stuff up (reggae is probably a legal term for it.) i don't think it's as particular as all that/current popular genres. k's article on polyrhythms might give you somethnig to go with. somehow doubt any of the plug-ins sound quite as raw as riding the regen on a real analog delay though.

Message 3/7             30-Jan-02  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: reggae patterns

k

Link?:  Link

me too - i spent years working exclusively in reggea studios and bands... so what are you asking about particularly Nasir ??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             06-Feb-02  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: reggae patterns

damballah

Link?: Link

Uh-huh, that's a pretty general queery, nasir. I did live and studio engineering for a reggae band from 1987-2001.

Check out the Jamaican Riddim Directory.

Message 5/7             06-Feb-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: reggae patterns

milan

thats a grrrrrrreeeeeeat site! had tons of fun reading Selecta´s comments. too bad i have to disable sound or it crashes my pc  

maximum respect going out to a man like D  

Message 6/7             01-Mar-02  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: reggae patterns

k

FUCK!!!!!!! - excellent - they got a Bert Kaempfert PAGE OF RIDDIMS!! - superb!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             01-Mar-02  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: reggae patterns

k

for that 80's digital riddims you just GOT to use CASIO!!!!!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)