aaa Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             31-Jan-02  @  05:54 PM   -   Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Finally managed to get it and the boot up installed. Much better. Some really nice features like an indicator for midi info reception, 5.1 pole setup features, new filter, f/x, mod improvements, etc.. Very cool indeed. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend a few days, curled up in bed with my baby, to get re-aqainted.  

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             31-Jan-02  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

nothingnewhere

could you possibly make a little demo comparing the ppg filter to the old one? I *still* havent heard a side by side compariosn... i wanna know if it will be worth saving up for a Q or not.

Message 3/7             01-Feb-02  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Gah.

Message 4/7             03-Feb-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

Pongoid

I would hope that it isn't simply one filter type that sells you on this thing. I love mine. Check one out. If you're feeling it, get it. If not, try something else.

Ape

PS. Steel is not strong; flesh is stronger. For what is the sword next to the hand that wields it?
-T. Doom.

Message 5/7             04-Feb-02  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

nothingnewhere

i already have a uQ and love it, and i dont mind the polyphony thing much. so basically im only interested in more features. but the tradeoff for the $$ doesnt look like its worth it really.

Message 6/7             04-Feb-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

Pongoid

I dunno, dude. The full version is sick as hell. I hear it has better DAC's as well. Also, the variable filter routing is ill. The sequencer is fun sometimes. It depends on what YOU feel your needs are. If the µ does it for you, then go make music and be happy, but if it's not then you must decide for yourself what is worth what to you. I don't know anybody who has sold their Q who knows how to program it, or wasn't absolutely desperate for cash. Still, there are other very nice tools out there as well. I've done several tours already with mine, and just a drum machine and mmt8, no sampler, and minimal F/X. It has the sound, especially live. I haven't triend a µQ live, so I don't know yet, but I imagine it's pretty close. Folks at Waldorf say the big one sounds better, and that's part of the reason for the price difference, also the SPDIF output. Anyhow, good luck with your music. The new OS for me is very inspirng, pushing me in new directions. I'm happy.  

Ape

Message 7/7             10-Feb-02  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Q os3.02 is...DA BOMB!!!

Pongoid

BTW, did I mention that the new OS has way less bugs than the older ones, and sounds really nice?

Ape

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)