aaa sounds unlike you've ever heard - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: sounds unlike you've ever heard

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             04-Feb-02  @  06:12 PM   -   sounds unlike you've ever heard

coal slag

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any one here know anything about distortion modulation?
The Nord Lead Manual says “

DM stands for Distortion Modulation and is another special feature of Nord Lead 3. With this type of
modulation you can create really unique and extremely “raw” sounds. DM is basically a combination of
Amplitude/Ring Modulation and Distortion. The diagram below shows the principles of DM.
In the DM configuration the MODULATION knob controls the pitch of the modulating signal and not,
As in other modulation types, the amount of modulation. You change the pitch of the modulating signal
in semitone steps rather than “continuously”. This makes it a lot easier to find useful modulation frequen-cies.
The pitch of the modulating signal also fully tracks the keyboard. Be sure to check out the DM fea-ture
of Nord Lead 3. You’ll be able to create sounds unlike any you’ve ever heard before!”

Who has heard these sounds?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             04-Feb-02  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: sounds unlike you've ever heard

Formant

Link?: Link

i did last night.... heard tons of stuff.

i can't remember specifically what the DM sounds like except it was described as amplitude modulation and distortion.

i will give it a listen tonight and see if i can give you a 'sounds like' example.

jamey

Message 3/3             05-Feb-02  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: sounds unlike you've ever heard

99devils

Link?: Link

Ring-mod + distortion doesn't really sound like it's that new.. People have been doing it forever, but it sounds like it's been packaged interestingly...

-Craig

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)