aaa Hehe, randomize :-) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Hehe, randomize :-)

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             05-Feb-02  @  10:53 PM   -   Hehe, randomize :-)

Si

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

All it's taken is one simple function for me to realise the amazing range of sounds the XT can come up with. I'm amazed that this feature isn't in more synths, even just for fun, or a source of endless inspiration.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Feb-02  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Hehe, randomize :-)

Pongoid

You would be surprised how many it exists in. But it doesn't teach you as much as just REALLY tweeking on a synth for hours on end. Don't be afraid to do that. I mean just tweek on one sound, and get totally lost as you make it evolve into something out of hand. Enjoy all of it.

Ape

Message 3/4             07-Feb-02  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: Hehe, randomize :-)

Si

Cheers for the tips Ape. Quick question - I read in the manual that you need an external software editor to edit the wavetables - does this mean I can add new wavetables, like standard Rom synths? What software edits these wavetables?

Thanks,

Si.

Message 4/4             08-Feb-02  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Hehe, randomize :-)

Pongoid

that is correct. you have three sets of wavetables. You have the original PPG set, another bank of USER UPDATDEABLE and then the newer Waldorf ones.

http://www.soundtower.com/thelab.html

This place has an editor you can use, I believe. Nice one too. Good luck. Happy tweeking.

Ape

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)