aaa 303 internal distortion - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 303 internal distortion

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             18-Feb-02  @  02:05 PM   -   303 internal distortion

bass assessor

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

There's someting wacky going on inside the 303 filter section. First, it can't self-oscillate and second, it distorts the sound (that's why it sounds so schreddy, I think).

Does anyone have good explanations on what is going on inside the bugger?

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             18-Feb-02  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: 303 internal distortion

Maarten

Bummer... can't really help you out. A mate of mine has a 303 which sounded "muddier" than mine and it turned out that a different pulse chip (?) was the reason for that. Dunno if this relates as it appears that different ones were used during production and if you're having his problem just recently... I guess you can forget the above.

good luck,
-M-

Message 3/6             20-Feb-02  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: 303 internal distortion

bass assessor

Well, the pwm on the square on some 303's really is way out. But that's not really the thing. If you take a normal saw or square and filter it with a lowpass resonant filter, it doesn't sound 303'ish, because of missing distortion. Where does this distortion come from? It must be somewhere internally in the box....

Message 4/6             24-Feb-02  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: 303 internal distortion

Brett B

Link?:  No link

try e-mailing the devilfish mod guy in australia. He is the best source for info in 303's

Message 5/6             26-Feb-02  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: 303 internal distortion

bass assessor

That must be Robin Whittle? I'll try him, thanks...

Message 6/6             13-Mar-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: 303 internal distortion

JE5

Link?:  No link

Or have a look at this - http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Roland/TB-303/info/roland.TB-303.secrets?0048

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)