aaa Nova II help please - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova II help please

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             21-Feb-02  @  08:55 PM   -   Nova II help please

Mark

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi

sorry to sound thick but i cant make much sense of the manual...i have a few q's

Can i use program mode to assign different midi channels or do i have to use performance mode??

if i do have to use performance mode then i take it that program mode is just for listening to the sounds and then you gotta stick them into a performance to get use of the different out's ??

basically i found a bass sound in program mode but i want to assign it to midi channel 3....could someone please advise

Thank

Mark

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-Feb-02  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Nova II help please

Cyrex / Fusion Music Crew

Link?: Link

Mmm... program-mode is used to play programs, either via midi or keyboard. Notes are received on the global midi channel.
Performance-mode is used to play one or more (max 8) programs simultaneously.
It can be used to: play several programs at the same time on the global midi channel, play several programs mapped over different keyboard-ranges on the global midi channel and to play different programs on an optional number of midi channels...
Example:

Performance mode
part program midi channel
1 Bass 5
2 Strings 6
3 Elec piano 6
4 Pad 7

each part can be set to one of the midi channels... in the example above part 2 and 3 are set to the same midi channel and therefore the programs: strings and elec piano will be triggered when receiving midi notes on channel 6.
Pad and Bass are triggered resp. on midi channels 7 and 5...

Hope this answers your question... heh. It's not quite a clear piece of explanation.  

Good luck,

Cyrex / FMC

Message 3/5             22-Feb-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Nova II help please

Cyrex / FMC

my example was ed up because this website interpreted my enters a bit differently  

Message 4/5             23-Feb-02  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: Nova II help please

mark

Thanks...yeah thoose spaces are well annoying!

So if thats can i assign program mode to play through midi channel 3 or does it only go through the generic midi channel ?

also how do i get the sounds to go out through the specified outputs?

Cheers

Mark

Message 5/5             23-Feb-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Nova II help please

Stefan

Link?: Link

Sounds in program mode are always triggered by the global midi channel. But you can choose midi channel 3 in the global menue if you like.

In program mode there's always the main out active. You can choose the different outs only in performance mode.

Regards
Stefan

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)