aaa I need feedback too!!!!!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             05-Mar-02  @  03:00 PM   -   I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everyone

I've just uploaded a new track called "Passing Clouds", but I'm in a bit of a quandry about which flava it should be listed under, so could some of you give it a listen, and let me know which genre you think it's nearest to. Any other comments, suggestions, criticism etc would also be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             05-Mar-02  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

david G

weirdtechnoise
its nice. i dont really like the piano thingie in the end, but thats a matter of taste i guess. it reminds me of something i heard before...one of the orbital albums, dont remember the name, its got a grey cover.
do you play some instrument? it sounds like you know somthing about music, i mean not in a technical sense.
david

Message 3/31             05-Mar-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

No, I don't play an instrument - wish I did! I've got a keyboard, and I guess if I want to use Reason I'm going to have to learn to play it, after some fashion. Perhaps I'm getting the grasp of melody? THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Message 4/31             05-Mar-02  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'll try to have a listen tonight if I can. Snivilization is the grey Orbital album. I'm compelled to listen.

Message 5/31             05-Mar-02  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

xoxos

Link?: Link

you don't need feedback, what you need is ritalin  

Message 6/31             06-Mar-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

sitarsong

I couldn't say which genre. Could fit under the name techno in context with other techno tracks on a cd. But I'm only taking a stab. It's nice. The instruments are very detuned in relationship to eachother. Did you use fruity loops? I ask cuz I recognize a sound that a friend of mine used in fruity. It's also on a track in an Unreal Tournament map called Hall of Legends. I liked the piano thing near the end of the track. I think the track shows you have imagination and are willing to try some things that aren't necessarily done. Keep going. Sorry I can't help out with the genre. I didn't catch the Orbital sound David G was on to. I'll listen again.

Message 7/31             06-Mar-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Thanks xoxos! I don't do drugs though! Do you?

I think I'd better make it clear from the outset that I was not trying to copy Orbital. I'm not even that familiar with their work, so any similarity is unintentional.

Message 8/31             06-Mar-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Hello Sitar,

Thank you for your comments, I'm relieved that you didn't notice too much similarity to Orbital (see my previous message!).

The track was done in Orion, using the plucked string synth, MDA piano, Native instruments B4, and a Rainbow synth for the bassline with the piano.

I think the company that produces Fruity has got some connection to Sonic Syndicate, so they probably use the same instruments.

Message 9/31             06-Mar-02  @  01:32 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

bedwyr

i find the detuning a bit odd. don't mind it on the high string (is that the b4?), but it just sounds out of tune on the other things. the second sound you have coming in is out of tune, to my ears. or the first is out of tune. either way it annoys me  

i'd call it techno. just coz of the constant high hat and non constant kick. that piano bit at the end is cool enough. keep posting!

Message 10/31             06-Mar-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Yeah, that high string is the b4. Either one of us is tone deaf, or you're hearing it differently to everyone else. Or, it might possibly be that it sounds out of tune to you because of the flanging. Thanks for your comments though.

Message 11/31             06-Mar-02  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

panama

yea, yer a bit tone deaf (Cloud Nine)... I
reccomend a geetar to solve this.

interesting track - keep on posting!

Message 12/31             06-Mar-02  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

xoxos

would you like to know about drugs?

Message 13/31             06-Mar-02  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

david G

drugs suck.

Message 14/31             06-Mar-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Frostbyte

Hey, a cyberpunk Liberace on speed, cool,keep at it man.

Message 15/31             06-Mar-02  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Thank you all for your comments, encouragement, criticism etc. I intend to keep posting here, cos it's the best place I've come across to post stuff on (God I love this site!).

I tried to sign up with mp3.com a few months ago, and I got bombarded with commercial bullshit, so I thought sod this, and now whenever anyone says go to my mp3.com page to listen to my stuff, I just shutdown. That site sucks.

Hey xoxos! Tell me something good about drugs - I thought they poisoned your system, turned your brain to pulp, and made you into a zombie, or are you a zombie? Xoxos the Zombie!!!!!!! Good username there!

Message 16/31             06-Mar-02  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Hey Panama,

Thanks for your comment, so you reckon I need a geetar? I could ask xoxos to buy me one for my birthday! A Strat with a Marshall amp would do the trick.

Message 17/31             06-Mar-02  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

nothingnewhere

what, you got a problem with zombies or something? huh?

Message 18/31             06-Mar-02  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

xoxos

hmm i dropped 400 hits of acid and charted > 160 for an iq test, but i think your mom knows what is right for you.

Message 19/31             06-Mar-02  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

damballah

so I'm gonna need about 800 then...

Message 20/31             07-Mar-02  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Xoxos - why?

Message 21/31             07-Mar-02  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

influx

cloud nine. the comment was intended to say that you could probably calm down a bit  I can just smell the restlessness comin off your text!

all the exclamation points!!! argh!!!

and yeah..using drugs melts your mind. WAY worse than living in america and being steamrollered by religious, cultural, emotional, and spiritual propaganda from day one

WAY worse than going to SCHOOL.

certainly

oh..your track...lemme go download it and I will listen

Message 22/31             07-Mar-02  @  04:53 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Cheers influx - point accepted. But perhaps that's it - I don't live in the US, so as a consequence I'm not exposed to all that religious, cultural, spiritual and emotional propaganda. I'm just inhabiting a quiet little backwater in rural Wales, and trying to make a decent noise, and to learn my craft to the best of my ability.

If xoxos wants to do drugs, that's his business. I don't need them.

Message 23/31             07-Mar-02  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

xoxos

how magnanimous of you :p

wales has a backwater? are you from splott or something? llanbradach?

look, man, like, peace, okay? i never meant to be like the devil or anything to you, oh god it hurts. i'm so sorry, forgive my soul so i can go to heaven. alls i like reallt meant was your tunes're really energetic. please don't hurt me.

Message 24/31             07-Mar-02  @  11:40 AM   -   why?

xoxos

Message 25/31             07-Mar-02  @  03:47 PM     Edit: 07-Mar-02  |  05:38 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

david G

lol,

is that where you live?

Message 26/31             07-Mar-02  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Wales? The whole place is a backwater.

My tunes are really energetic? That's cos I'm energetic, just trying to work some of it out of my system. Later I'll slow down, then I'll post a couple of tracks you can really chill out to - something nice and slow, how's that?

Message 27/31             07-Mar-02  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

xoxos

actually it's where you live. those lil' rings are real cool lookin' huh.

dipshit.

Message 28/31             07-Mar-02  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

influx

that is a sick lookin graphic, rurik! que es?

Message 29/31             11-Mar-02  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

david G

lol,

gotta tidy it up a bit tough!

Message 30/31             11-Mar-02  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

sitar

Once again Cloud Nine, nice track. Don't let these hooligans bother you.

Message 31/31             11-Mar-02  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

cloud nine

Thanks Sitar - I appreciate your support - I won't let them bother me, my skin's getting thicker by the hour.

But I think David G is right, it does need tidying up. It's the first time I've attempted anything like it, so more work I reckon.

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)