aaa pls recommend drum sample CD - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: pls recommend drum sample CD

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             07-Mar-02  @  03:47 PM     Edit: 07-Mar-02  |  03:49 PM   -   pls recommend drum sample CD

Ghost

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've been thinking about buying a drum sample CD in Akai Format.... I'm going to convert it for use in my Gigasampler.

any recommendations? I want regular drums, and maybe some ethnic perc....

I'm looking for bang for the buck.... I do NOT want loops - just individual hits mapped as Akai "instruments" or whatever they're called...
I can't tell from most the sample CD descriptions I see whether they have single hits....

any comments welcome.... thanks!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             07-Mar-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

steve

I`ll be picking up yellow tools pure drums soon in exs format. Seems pretty tight, all velocity switched and that, 17 drumkits or so (think the exs has a couple less). Theres an akai version so it might fit the bill, pretty cheap too from thomann.

Message 3/10             12-Mar-02  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

Brett B

Link?:  No link

I reccomend free ones found on Bearshare! just kidding.... my freind just got 16,000 loops from a freind of his. How do you tell the label for licensing. "Well, it's on one of these discs with no label....somewere.."

Message 4/10             12-Mar-02  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

bedwyr

how do you mean 'regular drums'? as in live kits?

Message 5/10             13-Mar-02  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

Brett B

and bedwyr, what reverb did you use on that bongo riff you did in the other forum. Nice natural sound to it?

don't know if this will help, but the link is a place where most major cd-roms can be purchased and some have audio demos available. Thre is a sample cd-rom called "real drums" that utilizes velocity layers on the snare for realism :cost around $80.

Message 6/10             13-Mar-02  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

bedwyr

brett, it wasn't me, that was the o'jays, i thought i made it clear? it's a real player with some 70s reverb. i just thought it was a good exercise to try and reproduce the real thing, from a simple pattern.

Message 7/10             13-Mar-02  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

Brett B

Link?:  No link

i thought you did it to sound like the O'jays. Ii got to sleep more! A lot of current producers still use old echo chamber and spring stuff from the late 70's.

Message 8/10             15-Mar-02  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

Ghost

thanks for the replies....

yes, by regular drums I meant live kits, jazz kits, etc... a full spectrum of drum sounds, plus various electronic kits of course...

that "Pure Drums" looks like a good one, but it's still a bit pricey for my taste, and it may not have enough electronic stuff.... it's like $149 or something.. not sure if I really need that many non-electronic drum sounds....

funny you should mention soundsonline - I was hoping for some folks to recommend some of the sample CDs I see on there... it's so hard to tell which ones really have the goods -- maybe they all do....! :P

Message 9/10             15-Mar-02  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

steve

$150? I`m getting it from thomann for 72 squids shipped, dunno what that is in USD though ....about $90-95?

Message 10/10             15-Mar-02  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: pls recommend drum sample CD

Ghost

eek! cheaper!

my momma told me ya betta shop around...

thanks for the tip...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)