aaa Some feedback please... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Some feedback please...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             14-Mar-02  @  03:28 AM   -   Some feedback please...

Godemp

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

In the last 6 months, or so, I've been able to finish two of my own songs. The one I most recently finished is 'Eyes of the Assassain.' It's sorta trancey, acidish, and dancesque. It's in 5/4 (the other recent song is in 6/8). It's the first chance I've been able to use my Darkstar in a song.

Anyways, could I get some feedback for it (from the only people on the internet who's opinion matters, people who read/write dancetech forums)?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             14-Mar-02  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: Some feedback please...

bedwyr

way to go with the link, godemp. sounds fine except maybe the kick isn't loud/hard enough? what have you got going on extreme left+right? loads of reverb/delay or something? gives it a wide feel, but maybe a little too much bottom end or too much feedback, okay for the breaks but when everythings going ... dunno.

acid, ahh, i remeber when ...

Message 3/6             14-Mar-02  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Some feedback please...

Maarten

Goddamn man! What are you doing reading these replies? Get back to work and bring some more of such on the double!   I'm an easy target for this kind of stuff... really rockin' basslines godemp.

-M-

Message 4/6             15-Mar-02  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Some feedback please...

xoxos

fucking boss execution, though imho it could use a longer dance mix. i kept wanting it to back off for just a second so it'd really slam back in.. even when your drums drop out the cutoff is still wide open, so it doesn't really let up. percussive intro might be nice for mixing.. this track should be on dancefloors imho.

Message 5/6             15-Mar-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Some feedback please...

Godemp

Thank you, the song had a time limit of 3-4 minutes, I wanted to use for a class of mine. Some time in the next couple of weeks, when the power quits going out, and my rack situation is taken care of, I will "remix" it to be longer, and better sounding.

Xoxos, thank you. Okay, so do some parts where everything almost completely cuts out, then come back in full force is a good idea, thanks.

Can you really dance to 5/4?

Message 6/6             15-Mar-02  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Some feedback please...

xoxos

it's got this little turn to it, sort of a dervish thing, but yes, at least at this tempo. i think it'd work :p

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)