aaa 400 old skool loops added - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: 400 old skool loops added

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             14-Mar-02  @  05:53 AM   -   400 + old skool loops added

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yeah i spent a long time & got all those old skool loops d/loaded and then spent the whole frikkin day reformatting them all cos they were in assorted & various crazy bitrates & mp3 formats - anyways after endless conversions & sorting they are all re-done to 16bit 44.1 .wav (with anti-alaising filters) - they are all zipped-up & uploaded to the library with an audio demo for each   - enjoy!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             15-Mar-02  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

am i retarted or is it not possible to find them
from the pull down menu? i go to the samples
section. then the file class/type? pull down
menu and select sample -drumloop -
breakbeat. nothing.

what am i doing wrong?

Message 3/12             15-Mar-02  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

k

old_skool_break_beat

Message 4/12             15-Mar-02  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

Breakerbox

Thanks K!, what would we do without you?  

Message 5/12             15-Mar-02  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

the answer to my question "am i retarded?"

yes.

phatso, k?

Message 6/12             15-Mar-02  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

k

Link?:  Link

hai - i was a little concerned that some of htem are 'home made' - i'll take them down if they are - but at phatso they are all mixed mpeg formats, 8 & 16 bit, dual channel, 11,22, etc variety of bandwidths - it took all bloody day and about 5 different s/w's to convert them all to 16bit 44.1 wav

one tip tho - WAVELAB! - although irritatingly it cant batch process bitrate convertions (as far as I can tell after about 2 hours of frustration), one thing it CAN do is, when batch processing it also can zip up EVERY SINGLE item in the batch on the fly and make a zipped archive for each item on the fly!!! - what a cool feature!!

it took about 2 hours on braodband to ftp them all up - there's no way i was going to add 400+ loops manualy via the admin form... so I then had to write a server script to parse the directory, output the filenames, parse those and input the filenames & path etc into the FILES table... *sigh* - some job I can tell you!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/12             20-Mar-02  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

Paleface

Any chance you can make it easier to download them, rather than having to get them all singly? I've got the originals from phatdrumloops.com, so I could use them as samples and then download the quality ones if I need to use them... but it'd be convenient, that's all.

Message 8/12             20-Mar-02  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

k

bloody hell.... i spent a whole day converting those - @ £100 per hour!   and still you're not happy

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/12             28-Mar-02  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

formant

soundforge batch convertor will do them all at once (in case you ever have to do this type thing again)

thanks for the work in any case!

jamey

Message 10/12             28-Mar-02  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

k

i used SF for some of the work yes.

Message 11/12             13-Apr-02  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

panama

f*ck! all decoded mp3's? man, there were
some good beats in that collection.

Message 12/12             13-Apr-02  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: 400 old skool loops added

k

yup - thought it'd be useful for people  

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)