aaa ReMote - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ReMote

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             14-Mar-02  @  08:26 PM   -   ReMote

skulkey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

with Reason 2.0 and Sonar 2.0 with Rewire coming out, well WTF happened to Novation's ReMote? i'm still waiting for this to happen, but with no mention of it i'm starting to worry it's vapourware...

i don't want to buy an Oxygen8 or an Evolution MKS whatever. i wan't a ReMote.

anyone got any priveledge info on this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-Mar-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: ReMote

skulkey

found this on the props msg board:

"Novation has decided to review the specification of the ReMOTE to meet the demands of this growing and exciting market and to incorporate other aspects of control - the controller originally shown as a concept product at the 2001 Frankfurt MusicMesse being specifically designed to be used with the Propellerhead Reason suite of software.

The launch date is now targeted to be early 2003 and provisional technical information will be available in the fourth quarter of 2002."

i am sorely disappointed with Novation. this is really lame. if they were that excited about this potential market (which is, arguably, huge) they would have gotten off their asses and released an early version to coincide with the release of Reason 2.0. but no, they had to concentrate on the low end VA market to compete with Korg. gimme a break, seriously.

i played with the K-station recently. it's nice - simple interface, sounds decent - but then i noticed the microQ sitting in the rack next to it. that little Q rack PISSES ALL OVER the stupid K-station.

when i think about this it makes me angry, not just because they advertised something a year ago that they're not going to deliver for another year yet, not just because there isn't really a truly good controller yet for Reason, but because it makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever.

think of the current market for softsynths, including Reason. it's huge. the potential to make a big profit off of people looking for a proper controller for their softsynths is huge. why, why on earth would you waste time releasing a low end VA when you could have concentrated on a much larger market. it's stupid.

i am done with novation, and i am done with this rant.

Message 3/5             19-Mar-02  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: ReMote

gb

Link?:  Link

Novation is a small company, and key technical people has left. What do you expect ? They're not Microsoft.

I'd say focus on what they already DO deliver. There's always going to be something to complain about because they don't have the technical or financial resources to deliver future products on time. And there's always going to be great opportunities for those who decide to use the excellent products they already have out there...

Message 4/5             19-Mar-02  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: ReMote

skulkey

but why focus on these stupid low-end VAs (A-station / K-station)? they could have spent that development time on something that would have made them money. i can't imagine the profit margin on those is very big, nor is the market.

Message 5/5             20-Mar-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: ReMote

gb

Link?:  Link

Those are probably closer to what they already made.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)