aaa help with setting up vocoder NovaII - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: help with setting up vocoder NovaII

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             16-Mar-02  @  01:21 PM   -   help with setting up vocoder NovaII

Mark

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi
I'm trying to set up the vocoder on the nova 2 keyboard but cant get it to work for my own sound.
I have followed the instructions in the manual with no luck.

I have got a mic plugged into the back (input1) turned up the gain on that input, and i can see the signal coming up when i sing on the vocoder spectrum so the signal is definetly coming in

In the vocoder menu i have selected input1 and turned everything up and down many times but still i get no luck

I have picked program B127 as it says in the manual but it says you have to assign this to the vocoder,
i think i have done this....just press the vocoder and menu button right?

it is working on patch D124 when i play a key

Any ideas why i cant get it work on my own sound?

Cheers

Mark

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             16-Mar-02  @  02:14 PM     Edit: 16-Mar-02  |  02:15 PM   -   RE: help with setting up vocoder NovaII

gb

Link?:  Link

In performance mode, make sure the vocoder plays the right part/midi channel/whatever (i can't remember, but it's in the vocoder menu). And make sure you've set up the right vocoder balance - you should be able to hear the input only, the carrier only, and anything in between. If you can't hear your program at all no matter the balance setting, something else is wrong.

And of course you have to press a key to hear anything, and also your program should make a continous sound - a kick drum wouldn't be a good carrier.

Message 3/3             17-Mar-02  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: help with setting up vocoder NovaII

Mark

Link?:  No link

Sorted.....i got it too work

All i did was turn the knob in the effects section and it kicked in.....the vocoder was set to off!!!

Cheers

Mark

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)