aaa my new uplifting track on DT - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: my new uplifting track on DT

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             19-Mar-02  @  05:28 PM   -   my new uplifting track on DT

nxo

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hi all,

I have a new track up on DT. It's a remake of a song I did years ago. The original was a written on the piano kind of song, but this new one is electronic uplifting backbeat. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             21-Mar-02  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

david G

Link?:  No link

hey this is cool. did you use the mQ somewhere?
i like the way the fx kick in at the right points: samples or syths?

dvd

Message 3/16             21-Mar-02  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

noltox

Wow. Not an ordinary trance track. (Is it even trance?) I like how you build it the music up on each phase. That keeps the energy going in till the end. Awesome!

Message 4/16             22-Mar-02  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

panama

ahhh, I love that percussion loop with the 4/4 beat! PLEASE upload it for me - I could have so much fun with it...

tunes kind of crazy - not like normal trance. I like the changing melody.

Message 5/16             22-Mar-02  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

nxo

Link?: Link

File?:  File

WSSAH44loop.mp3

Thanks guys for listening!

davidG. The lead sounds are fround the mQ. The kick is just kick sample and reverb.

panama, here is the 4/4 loop excerpt from the track. Enjoy!

Message 6/16             22-Mar-02  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

Cloud Nine

Nice track. The melody sounded vaguely familiar at first, but that doesn't matter. I think most of us probably recycle bits of music subconsciously, some even do it as outright plagiarism. Superb percussion - all in all, A1.

Message 7/16             24-Mar-02  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

sitar

Link?:  Link

Nice track. It IS uplifting. Woohoo! Listening to the one with the number in the name. Lots of nice stuff going on. I wouldn't think of it really as trance either except for the beats. Lotta work went into the track. Good one.

Message 8/16             24-Mar-02  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

DjMik

REALLY cool track! I like the feeling.. Brings in mind Last Rhythm Jimi Domez Remix..the best house track i've heard.. Lot's of cool ambient noises. Sounds unbeliveably good to be lo-fi!! I can't belive my eyes or ears it's 16kHz....what program did u use to make the mp3? Did u do some specific mastering before encoding? Great track..

Message 9/16             25-Mar-02  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

influx

norsez...arent you the guy I see various places ie the Oasys website?

Message 10/16             25-Mar-02  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

nxo

Thanks again everyone for listening.

Cloud Nine, yeah, the melody has been associated with "I saw Mama kissing Santa Clause", but I swear I didn't know this song when I first wrote my track in 1993  

DjMik, I used LAME Encoder to make it lofi mp3. I think it's a pretty good encoder. All I did before that was just normal mastering. I didn't do anything special for the lofi.

influx, not sure if that's me on the Korg site. But I have made some synths for OASYS yes.

Message 11/16             25-Mar-02  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

xoxos

weird things happened with osc5 and my amt-8.. i was discouraged from further experimentation with it and reencouraged w/ sounddiver   famous norsez, my web techno hero.

Message 12/16             26-Mar-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

nxo

Wow xoxos, that was almost too much for me. I have never been so flattered, especially by an artist whose music I respect.

Message 13/16             27-Mar-02  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

xoxos

that was the intended effect?

Message 14/16             29-Mar-02  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

BlooVooDoo

*Very* nice uplifting trance there, your in the u.s? Sounds very european influenced...(?)

I bet you could get that signed to a label here in Europe easy, specifically Germany/Belgium/Holland where there is tons of that going just now- DosOrDie (german based) would be a good start ( NormanBass, Tukan, Svenson&Gielen, WarpBro's, Ian Van Dahl etc...)

SpinbacK

Message 15/16             30-Mar-02  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

xoxos

i'm fed up. just hand over the keys. dancetechers rightfully rule the universe.

Message 16/16             30-Mar-02  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: my new uplifting track on DT

nxo

xoxos,
> that was the intended effect?
Well that's what you get after me watching Music of the Heart on Cinemax hehe.

SpinbacK,

Thanks!!! I am in the US and yeah I admit I am completely influenced by European music. I have no plans to do music as a career, but if it was that easy like you said, maybe I should look into it eh?

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)