aaa If you're feelin it... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: If you're feelin it...

Viewing all 126 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message 1/126             20-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

...swing on by and check some stuff out. Should be a few new trax up in the coming days, as soon as my buddy gets them coded. Most of it's pretty tame. I'm savin the raw stuff for the live gigs.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/126             20-Mar-02  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

yeah, I'm on a mac right now. so what?

Message 3/126             20-Mar-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

bedwyr

leave out the . after 1537

Message 4/126             20-Mar-02  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

DJ MEGAHEAD

Link?:  No link

NO WAY MAN

YOU PUT YOUR MUSIC UP HERE

ON THIS VERY HERE SITE YA'LL HEAR

~EVERYBODY~

~ELSE~

~HAS~

~TO~

Message 5/126             20-Mar-02  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

Link?:  Link

hahahahahahah!!!!!

uh oh 

feckin megahead. hows the self-voting goin?

Message 6/126             20-Mar-02  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

k

yeah............ it's kinda weird Mr P never add's any doncha think !  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/126             21-Mar-02  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

DJ MEGAHEAD

NOT TOO BAD ACTUALLY,GOT 100 VOTES TODOY SPOT ON I WAS WELL CHUFFED BECAUSE WHEN DJ MEGAHEAD LAST VOTED FOR HIS BRILLIANCE HE ONLY HAD 50 SOMETHING VOTES SO THANKS FOR ASKING AND AN EXTRA SPEACIAL THANKS TO HIS FANS

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

HAS DJ MEGAHEAD TOLD THE STORY OF HIS LIVE SOUND ENGINEER HOLDING HIS #FADE FAR AWAY LIVE# DAT TAPE TO RANSOM IN EXCHANGE FOR HIS WIFE WHOM THE WONDERFULL DJ MEGAHEAD STOLE ALL HIS GOOD LOVING FROM IN A NIGHT OF WISTFULL PASSION ON THE SHORES OF GOA AS THE BEAUTIFUL MOON RETURNED TO ITS HABITUAL RESIDENCE IN NETHERWORLD WHERE THE TRANCE REALITY MEETS THE HIGH MOUNTAINS OF NEPAL AND TRANCENDS REALITY TO THE SHORES OF.......

#FADE FAR AWAY COMING SOON#

Message 8/126             21-Mar-02  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

onemind

^now THATS a run on sentence... ;)

Message 9/126             21-Mar-02  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

david G

cool

Message 10/126             21-Mar-02  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Over the weekend. Will it be up?

Message 11/126             22-Mar-02  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

sorry, bad link. That should be better.

Message 12/126             22-Mar-02  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Why not put them up here? Cuz you have to compress a lot the quality out of them. Not enough space for decent bandwidth crunches of the tunes. Not complaining, just explaining.

Ape

Message 13/126             22-Mar-02  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

woxy

i really wanted to hear "Armand Van PissOnYou" and the link doesn't work......

am d/l-ing the others

Message 14/126             22-Mar-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

woxy

my favourite is fingerhash although i do like chugging as well - - - nice bass groove you got going there

[if its not top-secret] -> -> what s/w or h/w are you using to master/limit your tracks post-mix? they all have a lush warmth to them.

woxy

Message 15/126             22-Mar-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Thanks. I usually use SoundForge. I've used different stuff on most of them, but Isotope seems to do a pretty good job. That stuff really isn't all that mastered actually, just a bit of compression, some EQ, and a bit of pop removal, most of the time. I have yet to have most of it put through the professional crunchings like tube compression, or a finalizer, etc.. Most of the warmth comes from using good gear, a mackie mixer, and really just adjusting the sounds so that they work with each other. I also use an old ProCo Rat and a bit of reverb when I can, and I think this really helps, even if it does add a bit of noise. Anothiner thing is that they are not compressed to hell like the tracks here are, if you're using that as a reference. I've got a sneaking suspicion that the sound quality of the work of a lot of folks here is higher than the mp3's here would allude to. At least I hope so.

K,

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, and the fact that the facility exists alone makes it cool. It's just my snobbishness in wanting to keep as much of my sound intact as I can.

Ape

Message 16/126             22-Mar-02  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

k

iheardat!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 17/126             22-Mar-02  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

woxy

was just curious - - - i've got a horrible earth loop problem with my hardware at the moment - - so i've been trying out mixing everything down as audio in CubaseVST with plenty of plug-ins and to my surprise its been sounding pretty good - - - tried out the dave brown audio mastering plugins - but was curious as to how Izotope sounded - still got another 15days of the db audio trial left - probably gonna have to buy 'em - the side-chain ducking compressor is well good

cheers
woxy

Message 18/126             22-Mar-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Hold on 1 second

"Why not put them up here? Cuz you have to compress a lot the quality out of them. Not enough space for decent bandwidth crunches of the tunes. Not complaining, just explaining."

WTF

Message 19/126             22-Mar-02  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Maarten

Well at least put up your name "Hold on...".
I can't resist to add though that Influx uploaded a remix of one of his tracks that showed it can be done and still sound tight, warm and all that...
BTW, I listened to those tracks quite some time ago..."Armand Van.." rocks man. Make sure to post when the new material is up.

-M-

Message 20/126             23-Mar-02  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Ok, more up, I believe. Although, flif needs repair. Working on it as I type. Enjoy the new stuff.

Message 21/126             24-Mar-02  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Pongoid!!! I'll have to d/l tomorrow. Gotta leave in 1/2 hour and the ones I checked are gonna take longer I think. I'm on dialup. Tomorrow.

Message 22/126             26-Mar-02  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

finger hash is great. It's the only one I d/l'd Ape. Long time for my dialup. But what a great track! F*ck me dude. It's fantastic up until about 3:50. Then hell breaks loose. This is awesome ya bastard!

Message 23/126             26-Mar-02  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'm happy I downloaded it.

Message 24/126             26-Mar-02  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

maarten...not sure which remix youre referring to, but if it was the "Real World" one that isnt mine. Q did it

it is DEFINITELY possible to get quality sound at lofi though

but pongoid admits he is snobby about it 

Message 25/126             26-Mar-02  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

yeah, if I'm doing the lo-fi thing, it's on my end. So yeah, more up now as well, I believe. Enjoy.

Ape

Message 26/126             26-Mar-02  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Sitar, glad you liked finger hash. That's the unedited version I think. Did I mention that there's vinyl out with Something Clicked on it?

Ape

Message 27/126             26-Mar-02  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

milan

jeezus! thats some serious rumble on "E3´s revenge"! its shaking my floor even on moderate listening level!

well, "something clicked" is not much lighter on the bass front either. nasty how do you do this!

its actually not my cup of tea, but its still very well produced. good stuff.

cheers, M.

Message 28/126             26-Mar-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

If you mentioned it, I missed it. I gotta grab Nobody and we'll go a-shoppin'   What label? What should I look for in a vinyl shop?

Message 29/126             27-Mar-02  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Sitar,
Might be tough to find that side of the water. The label is called Kontact. I'm not sure where you might look. Maybe Etherea, Temple, or Groove? They all deal with Syntax, who will probably get copies from Hocus-pocus, over here. I'll see if I can hold onto a couple copies for ya, and maybe the next time I'm in NY (which hope fully won't be that long from now) I'l give them to you myself. All I have now are almost gone, and the label only has like 60 left, and the distributors are all out here, I hear, so that's a good thing. There's another one just out as well on a label called K-Ktus, which may be equally hard to find, but is under another working pseudonymn, which I do not wish uttered here ever.

Milan,
Rumbles come from an E3, Xbase, and the Q primarily. I also load heavy on the board, and and sometimes at a bit in the right areas in SoundForge, but just a little there, trying to keep with the original as much as possible. Yes, my live sets have a fairly similar sound quality, if not quite a bit better. Also, it's ALL hardware, save the last step. What is your cup of tea?

Ape

Message 30/126             27-Mar-02  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

milan

well if i had a penny for every time i´ve been asked that quetion, i probably couldnt carry my wallet anymore from all the bloody small change in it! innit :P

hocus pocus... hocus pocus... nothing to do with some swiss rave crew or something, from ages ago, no?

M.

Message 31/126             27-Mar-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

It'll have to be an autographed copy. When you're a household name I can get good money for it. From that I'll get me a Q. That's my plan. Nice how things all work out.  

Message 32/126             28-Mar-02  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Ha!

Message 33/126             28-Mar-02  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

If my signiture is ever worth that much, I'll buy you one myself.  

Ape

Message 34/126             28-Mar-02  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

If I am ever in a position to sign autographs I think I would balk...

but then if I gave in, I would ask for a contract that I get 15% of any revenue ever generated by that signature 

Message 35/126             28-Mar-02  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'm sure you would Ape. Your signature is worth more than that already. It's just most people don't know it yet. They'll learn.  

Then there's Influx, selling his already  

Message 36/126             29-Mar-02  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Unfortunately, most of those that don't know it are holding all the cash.  

Ape

Message 37/126             29-Mar-02  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

really, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I've got tracks that I don't share that make most of these look VERY tame. I'm saving them for a rainy day.

Ape

Message 38/126             29-Mar-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

xoxos

oh, so that's your game. well, me too then  

(course we could just trade privately..)

Message 39/126             29-Mar-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Come on now, I can't just give it ALL away.

Ape

Message 40/126             29-Mar-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Why not? I do :P

Message 41/126             29-Mar-02  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

damballah

you're not trying to eat off it yet

Message 42/126             29-Mar-02  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Succinctly put.

Message 43/126             30-Mar-02  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Thank goodness. I'd loose weight in a hurry.

Message 44/126             30-Mar-02  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

Ive never tried to eat off my music. would get messy

but then again...a 12" would make a decent plate. cept for the hole in the middle

Message 45/126             30-Mar-02  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

The whole in the middle is there so the peas can run out. Brilliant idea. I never liked peas.

I'm gonna d/l another one today Ape.

The link's not coming up. I'm trying it now. Page could not be displayed. I'll try again later.

Message 46/126             30-Mar-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

And I did grab the link from the second time you posted it.

Message 47/126             31-Mar-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

It works as far as I know. More on the way soon, too.

Message 48/126             31-Mar-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Yes. I downloaded "Something Clicked" last night. Haven't listened yet because I'm finishing up a track. Should be up today..."Cheetah". Shameful promo I know.

Must've been traffic clogging things up yesterday morning. Can't wait to listen  

Message 49/126             31-Mar-02  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Yeah it's still one of my favorites. Cooked almost the whole thing up in under half an hour, including recording time. Hope you like it.

Ape

Message 50/126             31-Mar-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

Gonna listen in a few minutes Ape. Just posting my track now. Give it a listen. Don't know if it's your cup of tea but I'd love your feedback.

Message 51/126             31-Mar-02  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

That track is TOO MUCH. Awesome. Listening to it I got to thinkin. You and Influx. If you guys did a gig together I'd go just about anywhere on the planet to see it. Even New Jersey. I could see you guys doing a killer gig. Share the billing doing your own tracks and do some stuff together as well. That'd be killer. Really. It's gotta happen.

Message 52/126             01-Apr-02  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

yeah. we'd probably end up getting in an argument. Two hardheads put together? scary;)

Message 53/126             01-Apr-02  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

marianimal

Arrgghh, just noticed there were new ones up, have been very slack about checking the tracks forum, and now I'm having trouble staying connected to the server while they d/l. Looking fwd to hearing them though.

Message 54/126             01-Apr-02  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

That would be the best part of the show :P

Have you guys actually met? I think you 2 would have a blast together. Your musical integrities wouldn't create arguments I don't think.

Message 55/126             01-Apr-02  @  07:21 AM     Edit: 01-Apr-02  |  07:27 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

I'd like to say I'm sorry to all that have run into problems when trying to download my man's shit. The host I use is hella cheap, but they seem to be trying to goof around with something all the time, which causes intermitent disruptions and stuff. But let me tell you, the price is right and I have unlimited server space. And speaking of large amounts of data..

Ya know...if you nag the Ape enough he may let me put up his live set "@the Trap Door". I've asked him and he told me no, so make some noise...and maybe he'll say okay...I just listened to it again and boy is it nasty!

dissonance

Message 56/126             01-Apr-02  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitarsong

Hey dissonance. Haven't seen you in a while? How are things? Yesterday I was trying to remember your dt name. And here you are. Thank goodness. It was driving me nuts.

What is the Trap Door? It is very cool that these tracks are up. People, I hope you take advantage and listen to some of these tracks. Even if it isn't your flava, Pongoid's hard work and dedication over however long he's been at it shines through. There's nothing amateur about these tracks. I have lots of cds from major labels sitting around that don't come anywhere close just to give you an idea. Try to sit still while these are playing. Beats are excellent. I d/l'd "Finger Hash" and "Something Clicked". Normally I won't listen unless it's posted here, but because I know Pongoid and his music it was easy to make an exception. I'm saying if you want some inspiration, it's there.

And I'm not implying that other music posted here is "less than" or not inspiring. I'm not implying anything. Just listen to it.

Message 57/126             01-Apr-02  @  03:41 PM     Edit: 01-Apr-02  |  04:01 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Sitar.....how goes it bro? I'm wrapping up the associates degree this semester and should be done for a hot minute....maybe I'll have more time to work on tracks and stuff.

"@ the Trap Door" is a set that Ape played in NYC at this spot called "the Trap Door". Damn is it nasty! Like I said, nag him about it, and maybe he'll give me the OK on it, and I'll be able to put it up. Although, it won't really do you any good being that the set is a little over an hour long and would take forever for you to download. Maybe I could mail you a disc with that on it??? HMMM gonna have to ask the ape on that one...but we'll see!

peace

Dissonance

Message 58/126             01-Apr-02  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Sitar,
I believe you were there while I played. In fact, I know you were. It was in a basement of some place on the West Side. The basement was absolutely packed. I played just after Zipperspy. I think it was the fist time you saw my Q, and my Xbase. I had just gotten it. I wasn't all that happy with the entire set as a whole, but there were some cool moments. It didn't evolve as quickly as I'd have liked, but that's my self criticism. It worked well at the time, and folks did get their boogy on. I'd rather give you folks better, because I can, and you deserve it. Thanks for your support. You're why I keep going in the face of obscurity, starvation, theft, and other things that sometimes make life more of a challenge than an opportunity. Respect, all.

Ape

Message 59/126             01-Apr-02  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

...and Fluxie, I'd love to do a show with ya.

Ape

Message 60/126             01-Apr-02  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

ahh so it turns out that Sitar had heard the set. O'well! Regardless of what the Ape says...that set is still the stinky, funky shit....for sho! But this other set that I had the pleasure of watching the Ape throw down was certainly tighter, but I fuct up while encoding it and missed the last ten minutes or so, which just happened to be the best part.

"Turn around and I got this girl ready to lick my ass" hahaha that was the shit oops sorry for the pooper pun

dissonance

Message 61/126             01-Apr-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Yep. I remember it well, except for the part about the place being called @the trap door. That was a great night. You showed me your rig I remember Pongoid. I was there at 9 and you went on at about 2:30 am, but I hung with several groups of nice people. I hope there are many more.

Yea Fluxie :P, you guys would be the bomb. If it happens just remember, I said it first!

Dissonance, were you there? I certainly didn't meet you that night. Ape would've introduced us I think.

Message 62/126             01-Apr-02  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

nah, I wasn't present. I didn't meet you until the May Day gathering last year at Tompkin's Square. I wish I could've been there though...I'm always more than down to see the Ape put people on the dance floor. I think the party was held at this venue called "Trap Door"...but than again, I wasn't there so I'm not sure.

I agree it would be a pleasure to see Ape get down with Influx. I've seen him play with this cat Obis Cygma from the Boston area once...that was the shit as well. He rocked the bass while Obis hooked up the beats with his V-Drums...damn that was hot!

dissonance

Message 63/126             02-Apr-02  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I have to connect with Black Kat (sp?) productions again. A really descent group of people. I am seriously thinking about selling a piece of gear, maybe my sampler and putting the money to a Q or micro Q. I also need to get my drum kits to a level of sounding good and danceable. I've almost gotten there a couple of times...in a very basic way. Coming up on 3 years of learning what I can, I realize I am probably not a sampler kinda guy pending some unexpected burst of interest. Anyway I'm saying this cuz I listen to you Ape, to Influx, and a bunch of peeps posting here and I'm like, damn. I get the feeling that the sound of breakbeat kits are not so much about mangling in a sampler as they are about getting the right sounds ie waveform decay modulation velocity etc in the right places beatwise and getting the mix right on the money. I'm rambling. Guess I should take this over to the drum forum. But the Q yes.

BTW, Remember the guy Nobody and I were hanging with at Mayday last summer, goes by the name of Egrus here? We all had a beer in that bar together. He's going live in May in nyc. Happy for him. Been doing nice tracks for a long time now. I'll be at that one. I'll post it for nyc area people when I get the details. I'll ask him first of course.

Message 64/126             02-Apr-02  @  07:26 PM     Edit: 02-Apr-02  |  10:47 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

sitar, email me. I may be iterested in purchasing your sampler given the details....

dissonance@1537paperstreet.com

peace
dissonance

Message 65/126             02-Apr-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'll email you tonight. Jeez. You just have to think out loud and someone's on it  

Message 66/126             03-Apr-02  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I just emailed you. In case you don't get it for some reason, let me know.

Message 67/126             03-Apr-02  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

sitar...probably dont need a sampler..altho..what about the "L" word..for playback?

you could get one cheaper. dont you have an E4xt ultra?

and pongoid..my man..I am not up to par yet. plain and simple

Message 68/126             03-Apr-02  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Fluxie,
I don't believe that shit for one second. You may not have your confidence up to par, but your skills show in your trax. Don't hand me that self-doubting nonsense and expect me to take it. I know better. You can do it, just grab your balls and jump. You'll land on your feet, I promise you. With all the time you spend with Q, I'm sure you've learned a thing or two, and could easily put it to use. And it's not like you have a shortage of finding good gear to use as well, so.....wassup?

Ape

Message 69/126             03-Apr-02  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

Totally agree. Influx, I don't listen to your breakbeat tracks for nothing. Your tracks are wicked.

I don't know if I can part with the sampler. I got to looking at it last night again. One could do a live tour with that thing alone. Umm, what is the "L" word?

Message 70/126             03-Apr-02  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

knowa

yeah influx, what are you waiting for? hell, I'm so corny with my science job, cubase tips that everybody and they're mother knows...and even *I'm* gonna try some live stuff.

maybe this will encourage (rather than inspire) you:

I heard the Stanton Warriors last weekend and people were LOVING the same damn kick/snare pattern with occassional bass lines (not very good) and filtered vocal smaples saying something about cocaine. I'm positive that your tracks are better than anything I heard there. man, with your gnarly virus basses, you'd slay 'em. maybe I caught them on an off night, but whatever...

do it!

"when I say 'fluxie' you say 'baby'" ;)

Message 71/126             03-Apr-02  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

can we PLEASE drop the FLUXIE shit??!?!?!?! 

its not about my tracks. thats STUDIO stuff. there is SUCH a huge difference. I am not a true musician. I dont read music, cant actually JAM on anything..and personally I think twice about going out and "live" when in my heart I dont believe it should be done unless done VERY well...

but then...theres no way to start until you start, right?

but..its not self-doubt or anything like that. I am happy with my sound...but doing it in an environment other than cubase in my room is a whole different ballgame

thanks for the encouragement tho, folks. means a lot that some people still like me here even though Im the biggest jerk on the face of the planet

no what bich?!?!?!

Message 72/126             03-Apr-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I thought Logic was the one with enviroments :P

Message 73/126             04-Apr-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Influx,
it is a different environment. You're not there as a generator, but a catalyst. It really feels like the purest aspect of this artform, as it requires an awareness, and a sensitivity, as well as a drive and direction, all at the same time. it's tough, but it's not impossible, and nothing else feels like it. The feeling one gets as others move and respond and communicate with each other through this movement, guided and motivated by what amounts to a meditation is beyond words. Don't be afraid of it. If you're not comfortable doing it on a grand scale, start out with things more intimate with people you feel comfortable exposing this part of your being to at first. There's plenty of stuff that I don't play for folks other than close friends for the same reason. You mustn't try to tackle a crowd on the same scale as Q. You're not there yet, so don't try to be there. Start out at a couple of house parties, and when you have the feel for it on a smaller scale, work it into a club or two. The big stuff comes later. You know the deal, but you need to hear it elsewhere sometimes, and believe it.

Ape

Message 74/126             05-Apr-02  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

just recorded two more, one I wrote for a very pretty and talented Austrian girl named Angina P, and a pretty crunchy hard D'n'B thing. I'll have them up in the next few days.

Ape

Message 75/126             05-Apr-02  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

BTW you should check out Angina P's stuff on mp3.com as well.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/70/angina_p.html

Good tunes, nicely moody.

Ape

Message 76/126             05-Apr-02  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'll d/l it when it's up. Austrian girls are sooooooooo hot.

Message 77/126             05-Apr-02  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

complaisance_resistance_corps

Yo Ape, shoot me an email or an IM so that I may code as fast as possible and get them up for people to hear.

ps did you get to hear Marcella's stuff yet?

dissonance

Message 78/126             05-Apr-02  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

knowa

oh sh;t! pongoid this stuff is nasty!

mad tension, suprises...gives me that blues-guitarist "what's that smell?" face.

big big big ups. come through NY again man! hearing your music finally makes me understand why you're so pro-live playing...this has a real raw rather than composed quality.

my quicktime would only (sorta) work when streaming tracks before but I fixed it so that it plays off the HD--glad I did.

this is on PC...Anyone have luck dl'ing these on a Mac? they come up as IE pages in my iMac at home...weird.

anyway, dope! props.

Message 79/126             05-Apr-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

It's something I've been working on for a while. I have other things less live, more clinical, and precise, but they are not really what I like to put forward. I'm glad you like it.

Ape

Message 80/126             06-Apr-02  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

marianimal

Damn, that Angina P IS hot. Great name too. Still can't listen but now that the DSL works (woo hoo; oops, wrong forum) I'm sure the sound card soon will too.

Message 81/126             06-Apr-02  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

checkin right now

why would you want to name yourself after a heart condition?

I pictured some big fatty with a cheeseburger in her hand 

just now listening to the first track, Tokyo6pm.

DONT YOU ALL JUST LOVE READING BIO'S THAT WERE CLEARLY WRITTEN BY THE "ARTIST"?

theres a reason we're not all writers.

so pongoid..youre gonna post this new one you did with her?

and Im not trying to be Q, either...actually quite the opposite. Far too clinical. I want grit, grime, grunge, sweat!!!

but still good sound 

Message 82/126             06-Apr-02  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Hah, influx you're too funny. No I didn't make it with her, I made it for her. I got kinda inspired by some of the tunes there, and thought I'd throw something back as a gesture of respect. Yeah, the bio's and stuff are always a trip, and Angina certainly seemed all happy about not using loops and so into the MIDI thing, which I guess I can dig cuz I was there once too. I wasn't trying to infer that you do anything but your own thing, just that you have a marvelous resource in your friend for learning a lot of technique, and making connections whenever you want and it's only you that holds you back.

I put the tracks up on the FTP last night. They should be coded, hopefully in the next 24 hours. *crossed fingers*

Marianimal, yes she's got something goin on. Nice in her emails too. Never met her, just happened to be perusing mp3 and there it was. I dig the photo effects and the attitude displayed. Almost makes me jealous. I just don't have that kind of command over the visual medium, thus trying to do it with sound. You know the dealio.  

Ape

Message 83/126             06-Apr-02  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

yeah, but your sound speaks for itself, instead of you having to CLAIM that youre in a class all your own, which is a LOFTY claim for anyone to make

Message 84/126             06-Apr-02  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I liked Edgey's ny remix of Tokyo 6PM more than the original. Was a little bit more...edgey. Nice tracks both though.

Message 85/126             06-Apr-02  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

anginap

influx...you're such a nice guy...

Message 86/126             06-Apr-02  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

What are the names of the new tracks?

Message 87/126             06-Apr-02  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Influx, UH, busted!!!! Gotta be nicer, bro.

The new ones are Playing in the Dirtbox and For Angina P. Apparently, dissonance is slackin a bit on getting them up. *shrugs* I did my part.

Ape

Message 88/126             06-Apr-02  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

ok, they's up!

Message 89/126             06-Apr-02  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

You just never know who's going to show up here! Too funny, Influx. I'll bet you spend a lot of time being single.  

Ape

PS I'm an asshole too. I can say these things, one to another.

Message 90/126             06-Apr-02  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

See that. You two should gig together  

I just d/l'd for Angel P. Gonna listen presently.

Message 91/126             06-Apr-02  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

yup,yup! Slacking like a mutha fucka! All hail Eris, the queen of chaos. All hail Discordia!

I am on the never ending quest for SLACK!!

http://www.kbuxton.com/discordia/

but it's all set casue I can't slack on my man.

Message 92/126             06-Apr-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

damballah

oh no are you one of those bob dobbs guys?

Message 93/126             06-Apr-02  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Not really. I just think it's funny and decided to play off of it since the Ape said that I was slacking. But some of it is kind of interesting.

Reading any of Robert Anton Wilson's stuff will make you think!

dissonance

Message 94/126             06-Apr-02  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

well actually, I AM pretty nice, and I didnt say anything "mean" or talk shit.

I listened to quite a few of your tracks Angina, and they sound good. You obviously know what youre doing and have a firm grasp all around.

but...your bio focuses so much on how unique your sound is, and that IS a lofty claim, no? I mean..in a world so full of people writing music or pursuing any other venture its pretty rare to be truly different. I didnt find your tracks all that mindblowingly unique, so I thought that the decision to make that claim so boldly was a bad one.

oh..and about the name..that WAS just a joke. Angina is a disease, and it conjured up some funny mental images of a producer.

Pongoid..I think you ratted on me.

Message 95/126             06-Apr-02  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

no, I didn't, I actually stood up for you.

Message 96/126             06-Apr-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

hehe. thank you then. One asshole defending another, eh? 

was that even really her? Person never shows up here before but suddenly?

anyway...I didnt mean anything maliciously

Message 97/126             06-Apr-02  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I'm foolin with a remix of it now just for my own enjoyment. Angina P started something infectious going. I like your remix btw Ape. I'm gonna do one at about the same tempo as yours although I was tempted to go with a dnb tempo like Edgeys. I usually write at about 138 give or take 5 bpm but don't ask me why. I'm liking the tempo of your remix. Might not go back to 138 ever again.

Message 98/126             06-Apr-02  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

so I listened to the remix and like it...sounds a bit like a spythriller sound track...

but.."Dirt Box"....man..thats some grunge!

that bassline is sweeeeet. and the drum programming...got some madness there, my man!

props for bein so well-rounded, Pongoid. you go from 4 on the floor to skittery dnb to illbient sounds without flinching. good show!

Message 99/126             07-Apr-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Thanks bro. Anybody can do it. They just have to open themselves up to trying new things, and be willing to learn and accept others' creations as valid lessons, even if not very entertaining at times.

Angina said she liked the remix too....BUT IT WASN'T A REMIX!!! I didn't sample anything of hers. I built every one of those synth lines from scratch and worked every single hit of those Udu samples, and the others stuff was samples of 808, and live 808, as well as Xbase for the big kicks and hats, and the primary snares. The big crashy sounds came from some sampled snares and toms pitched down and verbed out. Synth lines were all Q. I didn't remix her stuff. I was inspired by her stuff, but that one I made for her is by me. Sorry, just had to get that straight.

As for the D'n'B, I don't really take that track all that seriously, cuz it was just something quickly thrown together to see how easy it actually is to make a testosterone-laden joke. I can make stuff like that all day. However I'm still glad you like it. Maybe I should make some more, just for shits and giggles. Who knows, maybe outout a record or two of this type of stuff. It sells too easily.

Yes that was really her. She's got a pretty good sense of humor, and she was laughing about your post in an email. I think you got the elbow in the ribs on this one. It's all in good fun. :

Message 100/126             07-Apr-02  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

and yes that is my voice at the end of Dirtbox.

Message 101/126             07-Apr-02  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

well, angina...if you read again, Im not as much as an ass as I seem. honest

and Pongoid..I happen to like testosterone laden whateveryousaid sometimes

anyone ever hear apocolyptica? 4 cellos doing metallica covers!

Message 102/126             07-Apr-02  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

sounds fun.

Message 103/126             07-Apr-02  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Anybody else check these things out yet?

Ape

Message 104/126             07-Apr-02  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I like testosterone too but yea I'll like working in the low 120s on this one more. She sounds cool. I didn't think you used any samples Ape. I called it a remix cuz some of her motifs are used as the basis. I'm doing the same. Obviously I don't have any samples from her. When I listened to her track, the string pad jumped out at me as something one of my synths can do easily so I created something similar but a little different. Just about any synth can create that sound I'd think.

Message 105/126             07-Apr-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

You just have to know your machines. A word to the wise: I'd try to stop planning a BPM, and just go with you feel, whether it's 95 or 205, if it works, do it.

Ape

Message 106/126             07-Apr-02  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

damballah

people do that? I run the tempo up and down til I'm feeling it.

hey, mr. dissonance, some of those files have spaces in the names which is an internet no-no. some browsers will grok the url and deal with it, others won't. most people use underscores in place of spaces. ie. "pongoid-E3's_revenge.mp3" instead of "pongoid-E3's revenge.mp3". the last 4 have this problem.

Message 107/126             07-Apr-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

that and "complaisence"?

complacence 

pongoid..ok..not a remix. sorry I didnt catch that part.

I have listened to other tracks in the past, and liked...wish they were streaming tho..I am on dialup and it takes a LONG time to DL them.

Message 108/126             08-Apr-02  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

damballah,

I'll get on that!

influx,

throw my spelling in your spell check...it' comes out just fine...although I had someone else mention that to me before. They said that was the European spelling, I don't know? although it's "complaisance" not "complaisence" no big deal really.

Message 109/126             08-Apr-02  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

d

(for anyone who don't know, you can type "%20" into the spaces in filenames to manually snatch 'em)

Message 110/126             08-Apr-02  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

what do you mean "manually snatch them"?

Message 111/126             08-Apr-02  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

damballah

I mean if your browser gives you an error you can type it in & get it. f'rinstance, in the above example if you type in "http://www.1537paperstreet.com/pongoid-E3's%20revenge.mp3" into your browser, you'd get it.

oh, on a mac hold down on a link until a menu pops up, then choose "Save This Link As..." (netscape) or "Download Link to Disk" (IE).

Message 112/126             08-Apr-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Thanks for the technical assistance. Big ups.

Ape

Message 113/126             08-Apr-02  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

euro spelling?

this is AMERICA! 

hehe.

Message 114/126             09-Apr-02  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Right on! But like I said throw that in your spell check...it's all good. Damn I hate that saying.

Message 115/126             09-Apr-02  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

I dont use spell check, my man. its all in my head (except euro spelling )

Message 116/126             09-Apr-02  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Are you all the only ones to check these trax out? That would irk if that's the case. I would hope this stuff appeals to alittle larger audience here, but if not, oh well, guess I'll have to show up an folks doorsteps and stages and get in their faces that way. ;)

Ape

Message 117/126             09-Apr-02  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

k

lo-fi auditions please... (I'll wear him down gradualy  

Message 118/126             09-Apr-02  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Wassup? People can't hack a link? It's already pretty damn lo-fi in mp3 as it is. Damn! ;)

Ape

Message 119/126             09-Apr-02  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Maarten

C'mon P, ammuse & suprise us!  

Message 120/126             09-Apr-02  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

I thought that was what my music was supposed to do.

Ape

Message 121/126             09-Apr-02  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Maarten

Well, I thought that was obvious but if you must stress it...

I'll have a listen tonight (where I can turn the volume up without getting fired)

-M-

Message 122/126             09-Apr-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

sitar

I think I said this already. I never d/l hi-fi, but since this is Ape whom I've met and has been here since before my time, I went for it. His tracks are awesome people. It's nice to have them on my desktop to listen to and learn from. It's worth the extra time in this case.

Message 123/126             09-Apr-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Maarten

I listened to E3's... In the dirt..., Atari power & Flif....
Cool stuff, Atari Power did the most for me... I'm a sucker for those analogue bits and bleeps.
Really like Flif too!

-M-

Message 124/126             09-Apr-02  @  08:23 PM     Edit: 09-Apr-02  |  08:25 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

dissonance

Peep it. I went to change the names of the files removing the spaces from the names and that went smooth. Went to change the html and my ftp hiccuped and wouldn't allow me to update it.. so till I can get back on to update, I believe that E3's Revenge, Playin in the Dirtbox, For Angina P, and FingerHash are gonna be down. Sorry for any inconvience. I'll have it fixed as soon as possible!

ps influx...touche my brotha, touche!

okay, the files mentioned above should be okay, if not please let me know!

dissonance

Message 125/126             09-Apr-02  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

xoxos

i'll stand back and let you work then k  

Message 126/126             10-Apr-02  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

influx

y'all really should start in with me over punctuation tho. serious.

Viewing all 126 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 126 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)