aaa <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>> - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             21-Mar-02  @  06:59 PM   -   <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everybody,

I've just uploaded a couple of new tracks. I think they're my best to date, but you may not agree, your comments as always are welcome. Thanx in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             22-Mar-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

xoxos

Link?: Link

did you ever add the file for firedance? oceanic nice, nice touches. still i'd like to hook you up with a quiet synthesizer that puts spaces in :p

Message 3/15             22-Mar-02  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Thanks Xoxos. FireDance is on the music page, or at least it was. I had some trouble uploading it, but I did put it up, so yes it's there.

My next track is going to consist of three chords repeating at 30 second intervals, with spaces of silence in between. A la Philip Glass.

Message 4/15             23-Mar-02  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

xoxos

i think the filesize limits you to less than four hours  

Message 5/15             23-Mar-02  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Yes you're right - do you think less than four hours would be long enough?

Message 6/15             23-Mar-02  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

bedwyr

did you put a bassline in firedance? not that you need basslines ...

on oceanic the kick level varies a bit. is it supposed to?

it's all a bit strange, for me, for a saturday morning.  

Message 7/15             23-Mar-02  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

david G

i like oceanic a lot,

have you ever listened to something by x-asp? oceanic reminds me of a cd they released on rephlex records 5 or 6 years ago. this is really nice! dreamy and trancey. would love to hear a hifi version.

Message 8/15             23-Mar-02  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Hello Bedwyr. Wicked Friday night was it? No, there isn't a bassline in Firedance, I took it out because it was causing the track to clip, I'm trying to find a way of putting it back in at the moment, if I can I'll re-up it later on with it in.

The drums are meant to vary in Oceanic - yes.

Thank you for your comments David, I'll see if I can arrange to get a hi-fi version of it to you. Obviously it does sound better in hi-fi, not that it's lost too much in the encoding. No, I haven't heard anything by x-asp, the idea for it came to me after I saw that thread where DJMik was appealling for a sea sample. Although he wanted the real thing, and what I used there was a synthesized version.

Message 9/15             23-Mar-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

DjMik

Now I need to listen this...   Too bad I can't stream anything...dunno what's the problem but I'll d/l it. Nice ambient stuff!! I like the part where the drums come in.. Btw I synthesized sea for my new track too..I'll upload it some day.

Message 10/15             23-Mar-02  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

xoxos

ooh ooh i did one too, in 'sand island.' it's intentionally synthetic though. like this post.

Message 11/15             24-Mar-02  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

sitar

Link?:  Link

Hey. Listening to Firedance. I don't know if it's your best to date Cloud Nine. I'd have to go back and have me a listen. This is very interesting though. Nice ambient quality to the stuff you have going on top of the drums. I could almost hear insects in there at places. Maybe the 2 of us should start a new genre.   Good though. This is what I like about DT. You and so many others, including myself I think, doing things that aren't trying necessarily to sound like what's in. Cool.

Message 12/15             24-Mar-02  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Hello Sitar,

Yes, I agree - we can defy convention and surprise ourselves, and others maybe? What's not in today might be tomorrows next thing, so I'm not going to try and be "progressive" or "commercial" just because I think I might get a deal. I'd love to get a deal (who wouldn't? Except perhaps Influx!) But I'm not prepared to compromise. So that means I probably never will.

The other thing is I've come into this at a totally different angle to most people, because my favourite electronic artists are still the likes of Kraftwerk and Jarre. There's a lot of dance stuff I'm not familiar with at the moment, but I'm making every effort to learn.

I'm just trying to keep an open mind. So yes, lets start a new genre!

Message 13/15             24-Mar-02  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

sitar

Link?:  Link

Insects will rule then! :P

Message 14/15             24-Mar-02  @  04:45 PM     Edit: 24-Mar-02  |  04:59 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

onemind

I dig oceanic... I like the first half. with the bleeps and dolphin/whale type sounds. good stuff man 

Message 15/15             24-Mar-02  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Thanks!

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)