aaa Nova sysex backup & restore help - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova sysex backup & restore help

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Mar-02  @  08:14 PM   -   Nova sysex backup & restore help

JonKB

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Heya,

I need you help.. I've had my nova for over 2 years without making backup of my patches.. it's because I fear sysex..  

I had a mc-303 and I started doing something with the sysex on it and suddenly it got erased.. didn't play with it for 6 months or so..

Anyway, I think I have managed to make the backup. Here's what I did: Select sysex transmission in global menu. Selected "total data". Put my sequencer into record at 150bpm on a track set to the nova global midi channel with the midi out of the nova connected to the midi in of my MT4. Pressed "midi" button and something seemed to be recorded.

Huh, how do I check if the backup is ok? And what do I do when I want to restore my sounds..

This is really important to me, I can't go on like this you know   I need your help. Thanks in advance

Anyway, if you're interested I can send you the backup and you can c if it's valid...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             15-Apr-02  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Nova sysex backup & restore help

ivanohe

Link?: Link

Hi,

Try JSynthLib at : http://www.overwhelmed.org/jsynthlib/

This is a Java editor librarian. I have contributed to it by making the Nova driver (patch,bank and performance).

I also have the original factory patch in JSynthlib format on my page at : http://www.abacom.com/~ivanohe/studio/studio_e.html#download

Yves

Message 3/5             15-Apr-02  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: Nova sysex backup & restore help

JonKB

I love you... :D

simply.. love.. hehe

Message 4/5             19-Apr-02  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Nova sysex backup & restore help

sitar

Link?:  Link

One of the guys at Novation once suggested that after you backup your data, change one of the patches in your nova and save the changes. Then send the backed-up data back to your nova. Look at the patch you changed. If it's changed back, you know it worked.

Message 5/5             19-Apr-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Nova sysex backup & restore help

JonKB

True.. but what if it didn't work.. what if you didn't make a proper backup and when you try to load the unproper backup data you lose all you sound?  

That is my nightmare and the reason why I don't dare to take backup.. hehe. Funny, eh?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)