aaa the knowa is Lost in Space - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: the knowa is Lost in Space

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             25-Mar-02  @  02:30 PM   -   the knowa is Lost in Space

knowa

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

yo yo yo! I finally uploaded a track from home!

So I made "Lost in Space" while ago--the first track I ever burned to CD after graduating from the XP-50/90 minute tape setup. Many mistakes were made in the mixing, but it's still real dope.

Please give this a listen. It's me singing through the virus vocoder and just rocking out.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             25-Mar-02  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

the knowa

Link?: Link

here's the link. duh.

Message 3/10             25-Mar-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

me again

Link?:  No link

comments welcome. tell me how fruity I am. praise me. threaten me. whatever. and yes, influx, I'm all "look at me!".

Message 4/10             25-Mar-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

xoxos

nice to finally hear you.. some nice touches, sounds, interestingly executed breaks, but i haven't got a damn cluw what you're tlajking ABOUT,.A. finsg oh i giveeeeee bup

ahem and so i'm not really sure what's going on or who all these people are or even why they are coming here. i can tell you like samplers a lot though.

Message 5/10             25-Mar-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

influx

well..I'm glad it doesnt sound like Roni Size again, but...its a bit disjointed sounding to me...

neat ideas...ed up sounds...but doesnt flow(a)

dunno. me.

Message 6/10             25-Mar-02  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

xoxos

i forgot about that. told you people amount to less than insignificant tiny specks of dust to me didn't i.

Message 7/10             26-Mar-02  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

brad

Ya got the virus vocoder goin' better than I ever have. Hey was this on the CD you sent me?? I gave it to Marianne b/c I thought she'd like it and think you were cute and all that, heh.

I dunno, I took the disjointedness, etc. in the context of all that glitchy-type music. The vocal phrases have a good melody, that's what brings me in, then all the samples are real good too. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty dope. Go work on the mix you cheeky barstid.

Message 8/10             26-Mar-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

WOXY

hey knowa - this is very good indeed.

i'd be interested to know if the stop-start nature of the track is the result of intricate editing or just quickly splashing your samples around. whichever it is - i really like it.

i particularly like the 'tripping over themselves' quantisation on the main beat loop.

nice one!

Message 9/10             26-Mar-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

pulaski

Link?:  No link

nice one noah! i've heard this one before, but i don't think it had that crazy audio editing treatment, which i think answers woxy's question--noah is an editing freak, we're talking OCD levels here ;-). the one i heard previously also lacked those little hard-edged amen-style breaks that you peppered the track with. anyway, even though i tend to like simpler, more rolling kind of music, this track is interesting and enjoyable to me because of all the little unpredictable and not entirely random-seeming sonic flourishes. it's composed really well. it's also really cute. i just think the mix needs some work. it seems like maybe too many sounds with the same frequency are competing with one another. but there are far more qualified people here to give advice on that kinda stuff. way to go kid!

p

Message 10/10             26-Mar-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: the knowa is Lost in Space

knowa

hey thanks fellas! except you influx! ;)

...yeah, the mix just basicaly sucks, but there's not really much I can do about it as I bounced stuff down a million times...

the mp3 really exaggerates how bad it is, but even on cd it's not so hot. definitely learned a lot from mixing this one and right on p'ski--too many sounds in the same freq range is the major problem. and the wildly stupid use of the VST "grungelizer"...pulaski--you remember what I was like in those days.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)