aaa Cubase Timestretch - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Cubase Timestretch

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Mar-02  @  11:22 PM   -   Cubase Timestretch

nos

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How can I timestretch a drum loop to match the tempo of my Cubase session?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Mar-02  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: Cubase Timestretch

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

yes. audio process.timestretch.

also, kilo wrote an article in the articles
section that describes how to do it perfectly.

Message 3/4             26-Mar-02  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Cubase Timestretch

k

Link?:  Link

yeah there is two articles (both in TECH ARTICLES selection on the main SITE SECTIONS selector drop-down)

to fit a loop to tempo VST now has the timestretch tool in the toolbox which is simple - just set your tempo - make sure your loop 'loops' perfectly first in an editor -

then set your L/R locator to the length you wish the stretched part/loop to - meaning, if it is a one-bar loop, set the locators 1-bar apart

then click the part with the timestretch tool -

but beware... it hard timestretches the original file on your disk so make a copy first if you want to keep the original.

for more info, and also how to set song tempo to fit a loop, see the TECH ARTICLES section

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             26-Mar-02  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Cubase Timestretch

knowa

Link?:  Link

yo just calling attention to k's wise warning--so you don't make the same mistake I did:

selecting "copying segment creates new part" (vice versa?) in the preferences menu DOES NOT mean that imported audio files are copied as new files. only REX files are.

copy them in the audio pool before editing. have fun.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)