aaa cv midi - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: cv midi

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             26-Mar-02  @  10:19 AM   -   cv midi

haroldheath69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

anyone got any observations on midi cv convertors? in particular, i wanna control an analog filter (which has CV ins for hi and low cut off and res) over midi, record them to my sequencer etc...

i spoke to phillip rees about it and he reckoned he didn't really make anything that could do it but that he was working on it... which i thought was weird.

i've checked a couple of others companies out (kenton and analogue solutions) - anyone know anyfing useful about 'em?!
fanks
harold

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             26-Mar-02  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: cv midi

xoxos

Link?: Link

i've got the kenton pro solo, which only has one 'auxiliary' cv channel. works nice.. did you check the paia? forget how many channels it has.

Message 3/6             26-Mar-02  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: cv midi

haroldheath69

jus checked it. 8 channels, a drum sync mode and a din sync mode too - nice, but a bit of a challenge for a first build project. doesn't look like they sell em ready made up. me and solder don't go well together....

Message 4/6             26-Mar-02  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: cv midi

Pongoid

yeah kenton seemes to do a pretty nice job. I think MOTM might have a decent one too, bt not sure. Check him out, he shout be able to help you.

Ape

Message 5/6             26-Mar-02  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: cv midi

Mindspawn

The MOTM folk recommend the Kentons, least they used to. Most of me analog cronies use the Kenton when they are needing to synch up to MIDI (well, actually, most of 'em just "freewheel", but those that do want to clock to MIDI use the Kenton bits...).

Peace

Message 6/6             09-Apr-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: cv midi

donhunt

Try Mobius from http://www.future-retro.com/
It has a nice 16-step sequencer(which outputs as cv-gate as well) Or it'll output cv-gate from your midi-source.Great to drive filters with cv input.
Good Luck,
-donhunt

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)