aaa Please let me know what you think.. - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Please let me know what you think..

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             07-Apr-02  @  05:20 AM   -   Please let me know what you think..

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello Xoxos, Sitar, David G, and whoever else might be viewing this page.

I've just put a new track up, it's called "Come and See". It's a remix of Aztec, and has taken me a bit of time to get right. Please would you let me know what you think of it - even if you think it's a load of crap. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             07-Apr-02  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

influx

Link?:  Link

Im not gonna say shit until you tell me yes or noe about "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Caller"....

indirect reference?

Message 3/12             07-Apr-02  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

david G

this is nice, i like the way the strange bits (flute) kick in. can i have that sample?

Message 4/12             07-Apr-02  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

Cloud Nine

Hello Influx. No. I made no direct or indirect reference to Iron Maiden. I got the title from the film, which is where Iron Maiden would have got it from. I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden anyway. I'd sooner have Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. I hope that clears it up.

Hello David, thanks for your comments - I'll email you about the sample.

Message 5/12             07-Apr-02  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

sitar

Hey this is really nice. I've never heard the original. Doesn't matter. The only thing is that you need to encode it at a higher level. I have the volume so high on my board that I'm getting hum which is very much disturbing my ability to hear your track. I don't think there's anything else causing it at my end. I'd encode it again and reload it.   Didn't we go through this about the 2 of us having to upload tracks a zillion times? Really nice track. The flutes are great.

I forgot about emailing you btw. But I wouldn't be up for it at this point. Nothing personal. It's just I need to focus on getting my tracks to where I want them and also that working on tracks over the net hasn't worked for me. Things become too stale and with all the upload/download time it becomes very annoying and takes far too much away from the little time I have to actually write music.

Me and a friend here in nyc were going to work together but his idea was too do it over the internet. I think if we had both exerted the effort to physically shuttle back and forth between our respective studio spaces, we'd have some excellent tracks by now and would be taking things on the road. As it is we've done nothing together. Oh well.

Nice track though.

Message 6/12             07-Apr-02  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

sitar

I take that back about the levels. I tried listening to Frostbyte's track and the same thing happened. Even worse. Gotta check out my system, see what's going on.

Message 7/12             07-Apr-02  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

xoxos

Link?: Link

don't feel like listening :p liked the last one a lot. i think the rappers put something in this food they bought me. i feel like i've drunk a gallon of dirty motor oil, i can't sleep, and i can't taste anythnig sweet. they get all nervous when it looks like i'm going to wrap things up with them and start with the 'i have no direction' sob stories and little fanangling things to make me think i should help them to my gear. i could be paranoid.

oaky, back to your thread  

Message 8/12             07-Apr-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

xoxos

shakuhachi (groooann..) there's a thread on them with a nice link or two somewhere last year.

i know i've heard the original.. def. enjoying this more. still has a lot of energy but doesn't have that "i just washed down a pack of no-doz with 16 cups of coffee" i was always getting off your stuff (ie. using kicks on 6 or more 8ths for every measure for 8 minutes  

not criticising, just hard for me!

one note: the break w the vocal sample came in a bit disjointed. sweet sounds! looking forward to more.

Message 9/12             07-Apr-02  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

Cloud Nine

Hello Xoxos, thanks for your comments - I think I'm starting to restrain myself, or maybe it's something I've been smoking?

Hope you're not feeling so lousy now btw.

Sitar - thanks for your comments too. As far as working together is concerned - don't worry about it, it was just an idea. But if you do feel like doing it later on, I'll be up for it.

Thing is, that with Orion, and I'm assuming it's the same with Sonar, you have one small song file, and providing both of us had the same plug-ins (Junglist for instance) the files are small enough to be sent as an attachment with an email.

Incidentally the original version of Aztec is on the music page - it's at about number 7 in the viewers chart, so if you want to hear it to make comparisions, that's where you'll find it.

Message 10/12             07-Apr-02  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

Cloud Nine

Btw Xoxos, your hip hop tracks are killers - good stuff man, even though it's not normally my cup of tea. A1+

Message 11/12             07-Apr-02  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

xoxos

mine either. but what do you know, the low bpms make it easier to obtain decent midi timing, it keeps the kids out of trouble, hopefully keeps my house a bit safer, and provides weed/a change of pace. i reckon these kids are amazed to see someone do something with their lives except snort coke.

but yeah, you're right! weed is fucking fantastic for music! step up kids and lend an ear.. one puff and you'll be writing some excellent szhit!

:p

imho, it is great for finding the displacement/perceptive to listen to a track and forget all about the little tweaks and just hear it. i seem to develop different skills switching between use and non-use.

(yes, the latter does occur!)

different colours on your palette.

Message 12/12             08-Apr-02  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Please let me know what you think..

Cloud Nine

I find it does exactly the opposite to me. It enables me to listen to a track, and then home in on one small area. Sometimes I'll hear it in such a diffent way, that I can detect something in there, that under normal circumstances I wouldn't be aware of, or at least I wouldn't take any notice of it. So then I can tweak and fiddle with that one part, and something unexpected happens.

But I guess it's like everything - it affects different people in different ways.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)