aaa tech-house input needed - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: tech-house input needed

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             07-Apr-02  @  05:46 PM   -   tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

deep tech house, Terry Francis, Asad Rizvi influenced. Let me know what you think.

~G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             07-Apr-02  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

Link?:  Link

oh yeah, it's the losin-it track.

Message 3/20             07-Apr-02  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

david G

Link?:  No link

hey this is definitely very cool!!! im listening to a lot of this deep tech house stuff, i really love it! minimal and smooth, nice production too, amazing what noise can do..

it has a good vibe to it, stimulates the right part of my brain, im downloading this.

Message 4/20             08-Apr-02  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

Nice! Thanks for the kind words!

Message 5/20             09-Apr-02  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

david G

hey i really dig your track, i think its one of the best ones on this site, cool music, moves your behind and your mind.

im not really listening to a lot of music now, but this reminds me of some housy tracks by two lone swordsmen (andy weatherhall), 5 years old or so.

any chance of getting a hifi version?

Message 6/20             09-Apr-02  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

damn, I just flew back to California last night, so I have no access to my music anymore.   The hifi version is nice tho. Finally got t-racks, and this was my first experience with it. I've been doing this producing thing for almost 5 years now, used to go by blunted on this site. Way back when it was black, then orange. But the moral of the story is that it's takin almost 5 years to refine my sound, and now you say it's 5 years old.   heh heh. I guess you are the only person who like my track, 50+ views and only input from 1 person. Oh well, at least they don't hate it enough to bash it either.   Altho some constructive critisizm would be nice....I think it might need some sort of vocal snip or something myself.

Regards,
Gabriel

Message 7/20             10-Apr-02  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

influx

sounds cool to me. dont know if it sounds dated since I dont follow this style...

hey gabe

Message 8/20             10-Apr-02  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

thomas

dope sounds, but i recon the speak n spell "rhytm" sample from a internet site somewhere, think i used it in a song too =)

Message 9/20             10-Apr-02  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

GT

top top stuff

Message 10/20             10-Apr-02  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

david G

not saying it sounds dated, im saying that this sounds good! didnt say it sounds like that old stuff, just has a similar feel.

btw. i still listen to those two lone swordsmen tracks, they still sound like nothing else i heard...

Message 11/20             10-Apr-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

david G

constructive criticism: i wouldnt really put a vocal in it, maybe some delayed/reverbd & filtered unintelligible voice saying something

Message 12/20             10-Apr-02  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

whats up Dave? Congrats on the moonshine deal.

David G, I wasn't planning on a Diva or anything, I was thinkin more along the lines of some chanting or somehting, but definatly filtered, warped, echo'd. By the way, the really echo'd sound at the breakdown is a few gunshots really pitched up and echod. And I believe the speak and spell rythm thing was from the net, my roomate had it on my computer and got a kick out of it.  
Thanks for all the input people! ~G

Message 13/20             10-Apr-02  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

david G

moonshine what? sorry my english is quite limited, so i didnt get it...

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? EH? YOU TALKING TO ME???

Message 14/20             10-Apr-02  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

hahaha, no, talkin to Influx.....sorry!

Message 15/20             11-Apr-02  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

k

Hey Blunted!!!!!!!... alright mate! - nice to see you man! - nice track!.. who cares about 'dated' a good track is a good track.... i know that track don't I?.. was it on the first DT mp3 Cd thing that went round? - Nice 3am warehouse vibe  

Message 16/20             11-Apr-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

Hey K! I've been lurkin for a while, but I can't stray from my roots here at good ol' DT. I still keep in contact with Sedusa. He's on a TechHouse mailing list I'm on. Pretty much everything I've ever learned was from DT tho. As far as the track, losin-it was produced last weekend in it's entirety. But I believe Jazzattack was on the DT .mp3 cd. Been doing a lot of DJing lately. Buying records helps mature my production in a lot of ways. Been into Terry Francis, Asad, the deeper side of Tech House. I wish that we had some of you English folks in the US to educate the lamers over here. Half the DJ's I'm into aren't heard of my a majority of folks, and therefore won't really ever be booked.Ahh, I'd give my right arm to see Dave Mothersole, Asad Rizvi, Terry Francis, Nathan Coles, and Richard Grey at a party out here. Won't ever happen...Anyways, I'm tryin to figure out what label to send this here losin-it track to. I want to do a deeper remix of the Hybrid track and send'm away. Course I could always do'em up myself. Anyways, sorry for the ramble.....

Message 17/20             11-Apr-02  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

xoxos

Link?: Link

did saul ever explode all over the place then? used to get a track here and there. stylish style stuff.

Message 18/20             11-Apr-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

retroactivefunk

don't think so, he was askin me for some tracks for his label, but I don't think his stuff ever got out there. It was indeed quite good stuff.

Message 19/20             12-Apr-02  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

influx

nope. not out yet, but he's workin on it with peezahj. remember that guy? 

anyway..thanks Blunted, on the congrats. Twas a surprise for me to have that happen, but a pleasant one.

Message 20/20             12-Apr-02  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: tech-house input needed

Marc_D

Anyone here remember Jez Lloyd? He's off doing something cool in NewZealand or something at the mo' but he was definately into his Tech-House and worked with Asad I believe...

Nice track man.. you should try throwin' it at Eukatech or one of the other labels here.. they'd pick it up no prob.

Marc_D

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)