aaa passing wav's from pc to emu esi32 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             08-Apr-02  @  12:42 AM   -   passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I own a PII 400Mhz PC with an Adaptec 2904 SCSI CARD on PCI slot 1 terminated on default ID 7 connected to Iomega Zip Drive unterminated on ID 5, connected to Emu which is terminated. I've set up the ESi32 in Tools-Sampler-Configure in Soundforge.
Now what do i have to set up on the Emu when i want to send or receive a sample. it seems i need to select the midi in & out in the Soundforge configuration for it to be possible to 'send sample'. this don't make sense as i want to pass samples via scsi.
hmm-please help this poor lost soul find his way again.

ps-yes i've checked the old threads but none answer my questions.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             27-Apr-02  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

drizd

I've just bought a EMU4xt and i don't know how to get wav files from my pc to the machine. Do i have another option then scsi???

Message 3/7             27-Apr-02  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

influx

Link?: Link

yeah. you could save them individually to floppy and grow a LONG silver beard while doing it

or you could SMIDI them, which takes forever as well.

get a scsi card, holmes! theyre SO cheap!

Message 4/7             27-Apr-02  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

milan

yup, SCSI is the way!!! man, just get a SCSI card and you´ll be laughing. just chop some samples up, edit them or whatever you wanna do, then press send, and in no time they´re sitting all nice and all mapped for you in your sapmler. sweet.

Message 5/7             29-Apr-02  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

Brett

you have to make sure the sampler is connected and turned on before you boot up th pc. then when you launch sound forge it should show up in your sampler menu. I use wavelab, and all I do is select sampler and send and it sends the sample on over to the sample location I select. I have uninstaled soundforge, but if you don't figure it out, I can load it and get you answer if I need to. Don't hesitate to use the help files they are pretty detailed.

Message 6/7             02-May-02  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

sitar

Link?:  Link

Yea you have to use scsi. I have one myself but no scsi cuz my puter's IRQs and slots are all taken. So I have to record analog if I want to get a sample out of my sampler. Maybe that's why I hardly use the thing.

Message 7/7             08-May-02  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: passing wav's from pc to emu esi32

Brett

Sitar, you can also use midi to transmit, I thought that worked but took much longer. Never used it, but I saw the option for it in wavelab?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)