aaa Album of just manipulated water? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Album of just manipulated water?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             08-Apr-02  @  06:00 AM   -   Album of just manipulated water?

Waste Da Money

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yoyo....has anyone heard of that project which was created entirely with a small recording of water that was manipulated into entire album with songs and all? If that rings a bell give me some names. Gracias

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             08-Apr-02  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

k

Link?:  Link

dunno about that, but there's a track on Phantasm 'Surrender to the Vibe' done with amazon indian hand-slap water ryhthms which is really nice.... the album was mastered by Phill MacDonald (ex Novation) - super sound!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             08-Apr-02  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

Paleface

Link?:  No link

And there's that Matmos album made entirely of manipulated plastic surgery sounds...

Message 4/8             08-Apr-02  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

oldskool

Link?: Link

Hey I was on that album! (Track 12 if yer interested) The track K is referring to is Water Drums by Union Jack (He of Two full moons and a Trout fame) nice tune.

Message 5/8             09-Apr-02  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

sitar

So that's what Phil McDonald is up to.

Message 6/8             09-Apr-02  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

k

oh yeah interlect!!!!!!!!... hey fucking excellent!!... i love that album!!... didn't phantasm move to Battersea, queenstown road?... i dunno what they are doing now...

dunno what Phill's up to - he left Novation... he had one track on that too (taufactor)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/8             09-Apr-02  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

oldskool

Link?: Link

Yeah those were the days, tragically Simon of Phantasm (also Minfield and Sundog) died of leukimia he was just 35 with a couple of kids, and he was one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet, in fact I would say that he was a true inspiration to me - he gave me a break and had the balls to do something different. I'd say that Phantasm was among the most important labels of the UK dance scene and I'm glad that I was part of it. They had a really nice studio in Kennington Road (near the Oval) with all the Roland stuff, MS20, Monopoly, the works and when I was down on my luck with no equipment he invited me and my pal (Arron from Interlect 3000) to do some stuff for the label because he really liked our early Acid stuff from like 89-92, we wanted to do some Detroit stuff but in the end we came to a compromise and did some Trance and Ambient stuff, we must of had like 30 or 40 sessions in that studio.

One of the funniest memories I have is Simon giving us a bollocking (in a friendly way) saying some of the stuff was "too funky" for the label, then he goes and starts up Inspiral and says he wants the aforementioned "too funky" tracks for an album, I think he played it to some distributors and they like it so he changed his mind, lol.

Phil was still at Korg when that album (STTV)was mastered I think cos he used that Korg Soundlink which was a nice bit of kit, but I think he was doing some freelance for Novation cos I know he had input on the original Bass Station keyboard, and also the Korg Prophecy. Don't know what he is doing now though.

Yeah Phantasm moved to Battersea, and I kind of lost contact with John Ford after Simon died, I think it affected him quite deeply as they were like best mates as well as business partners, he is a top bloke as well, I do hope the label is still going there hasn't been much activity on their website for about a year.

Message 8/8             09-Apr-02  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: Album of just manipulated water?

k

yeah man kennington park and windmill road... my old area for a while, I used to live over the other side of the park back in the day, loughborough estate at brixton, stockwell co-op when KLF were there with 'the car' parked in the hedge... all that area, when the studio was under their dads shop still... Don a mate of mine owns the hairdressers on that road (the dread)... it's a crying shame yes what happened... terrible that young.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)