aaa mellow techhouse wants comments - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mellow techhouse wants comments

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             10-Apr-02  @  02:49 AM   -   mellow techhouse wants comments

thomas

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi

Just finished my first 4/4 track, it is a mellow tech house/detroit piece and i will be very happy for any feedback. espessially some comments about the mixing and song structure. It was created using reason and cubase. The chords is a trumpet hit sample filtered to death and seqenced with the matrix sequenser with a lot of cv routing. Drums are samples frpm various sources, baseline and pad from reason synth or from my jx8p, dont really remember right now =)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             10-Apr-02  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

influx

Link?:  Link

aww it

PUT IT HERE 

Message 3/21             10-Apr-02  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

thomas

Link?:  No link

i should do so, the problem is that at home i am restricted to 28 kbps modem so when i uploaded the track at work i wanted it in high quality so my friends could download it

Message 4/21             10-Apr-02  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

influx

sure! totally understood...

but...here we can stream it...dunno..just how we do it.

Message 5/21             10-Apr-02  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

GT

"please login" etc bollox

Message 6/21             10-Apr-02  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

k

yeah good track.. I'm downloading the hi-fi version now, then I'm going to drop it into wavelab which'll autoconvert it to .wav when it's dropped in, burn it to cd, then go out & get it pressed on a white and bootleg your ass!... I'll make £500-£1000 quid and you'll never know about it!!

understand why we use & specify lo-fi now?? - if you're going to put DANCE tracks up in hi-fi on the www you have no idea who's bootlegging your music do you!... i could make a VERY healthy living out of it if i was dishonest.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/21             10-Apr-02  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

knowa

yeah that's why I make my stuff so crappy.

Message 8/21             10-Apr-02  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

xoxos

don't worry thomas, i just like to make music. and gravel tastes the same practically everywhere you go  

Message 9/21             10-Apr-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

xoxos

ye gods kilo, you're not descended from the brothers grimm are you? i remember when i was a toddler my grandma caught me eating boogers and she pulled this great big green hanging thing out of her nose on the end of her long enameled nails quivering inches from my eyes screaming "eat it!! eat ittt!!!"

went to d/l but you gotta sign up   me dt.

Message 10/21             11-Apr-02  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

k

"yeah that's why I make my stuff so crappy." - lol!!...

Thomas has lo-fi streaming on his link tho... Nice track (1st one) - I think i'd like to hear the sample intro fade in slightly, then fade back out then in again, y'know, slowly swell in and fade back a bit first before the drums come in... give more distance and depth to the intro cos it's good and could get more milage i reckon... NICE beat.. LOVE the cowbell hit... sorta Jaxx if it was compressed to like they do... All in all i think it moves too fast could do with letting it just evolve slower... take it's time with the soup course ...

Message 11/21             11-Apr-02  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

k

yeah... i'd like to see that music on this site by the way... i also like to hear a vocal hook at the strings section and for that to also evolve... I think the strings bit should come in instead of the breakdown... break it down AFTER the build with the strings... the strings bit sounds great, then it goes away just as it get's there..  

second track is also good...

Message 12/21             11-Apr-02  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

thomas

thanks for the feedback, it has helped a lot and gave me some new ideas,
I have also registered myself now._

I am very unsure about the strings i like them but at the same time i dont think they fit into the blend of sounds. Do anyone have samples of tremolo strings to share, preferably a little more "dirty". It would be very nice. Format doesnt really matter, i can convert the most formats as long as it is readable by PC.

k: i think ou are right about that the track is moving to fast, I will try to make it more reptetive in the next mix._

It is not my first song. Just my first finished song in house/techno style you know "boom-cha-um-cha". Have been doing some downtempo and dnb stuff before, you know "boom-cha-chakacha-um-cha" =) and have been making noise for about two years now also been an user of this site over this time. (it is a great resource btw, keep up good work, i will try to be a little more active in the forums from now on)_

k żour talk about bootlegging made me really thinking. Maybe it is time for me to try to get a track pressed. The thing is that it is very hard to critisize your own tunes so I am asking you all now: Do you think this track is good enought to be released on vinyl? Will it sell enough to at least break even. Is there even a market for this type of music where you people live? I will of course do a better mix and put a lot more effort into the track before realease. But please answer honestly.

The reason why am asking is that were I live, in sweden there hardly is any market for electronic music. Clubs playing dance music only is non-existant, the little scene there are is very hard techno and psy-trance oriented. My guess is that there are not more than 10 pure dj oriented stores in the whole country. As a contrast there are plenty of producers of dance music here. Also a bunch of record labels exist but they are mainly focused at hard techno or psytrance. I have no contacts in dance music business so thats narrows me down to three paths:_

1) Press it myself in 500 copies trying to distribute, promote and do everything myself. This is inpossible since 500 copies seems like a huge amount for myself to get rid of without help from djs, record stores, club promoters and the other people i dont know._

2) Try to get a record deal. Basicly sending around cds to all record labels in the right genre I can think of. May work but of what i heard almost no one get signed because of a demo CD. And to me it seems that the small independent label managers are more intrested in signing up their mates than look for unknown talent._

3) Start my own label and try to get a distribution deal. As of what I understood most producers with their own labels make it this way. If i have got this right you just send them a master DAT and the cover artwork and they take care of distribution and promotion. This seems like a good option but how does one get a distributor deal? Do you send out demo CDs as with the labels and assume that someone will pick the track up and like it?_

I looked at the hyperreal DMBR but that didnt give me any clues.
How did you people do to get your work out to the public? Please tell me.
_
Also a few more opinions on the tune would be great it is uploaded on my DT account now
_
//Thomas

Message 13/21             12-Apr-02  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

knowa

I like it. it's a little weird around 3:16. it almost sound like and ambient mix into the same tune. nice murky vibe.

Message 14/21             12-Apr-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

thomasfroo

knowa; weird around 3:16? could you specify a bit?

Message 15/21             13-Apr-02  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

Cloud Nine

Yeah, can you specify Knowa. What's weird?

Nice track Thomas - very nice, but as K said you need to use those strings more, not that I'm any expert, but my ear tells me they could be used more effectively. Have you cut them out a bit from the hi-fi version?

Good work, just wish I was capable of doing tracks like this.

Message 16/21             18-Apr-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

thomas

come on, 110 thread views and no one has anything to say about my "press it" post

better take this to the top again =)

Message 17/21             18-Apr-02  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

david g

has a nice detroitish feeling about it, i like it!

Message 18/21             19-Apr-02  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

espoo2

I think all K was saying was that he COULD go out and press it and rip you off because you have the HI-FI version up online. He was telling you to be careful and suggesting that you take it down and replace it with a lo-fi only version.

Message 19/21             20-Apr-02  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

him

Why don't you start a new thread with your questions in the music tech forum? You will get lots of advice and plenty will be interested. Your track gets my vote.

Message 20/21             20-Apr-02  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

thomas

isnt the music tech forum where you post about politics =)

no but seriously about 150 people has read this threat, someone got to have something to say

Message 21/21             21-Apr-02  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: mellow techhouse wants comments

Paullyboy8440

Hey i like ur new track, Only thing that kinda turned me off was the beat is a bit too loud maybe lower it to around the same as ur strings?

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)