aaa Is my synth broken - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Is my synth broken

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Apr-02  @  01:12 PM   -   Is my synth broken

Babbu Funk

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello all,

A while ago I recorded this riff with my Deep Bass 9 (303 clone) :

www.babbu.funk.btinternet.co.uk\Ok.mp3

which grooves along pretty well.

I have just returned to the track and need to rerecord the line. So I pull out my DB9, but all I can get from it is this :

www.babbu.funk.btinternet.co.uk\naff.mp3

which just sounds complete crap. No matter what I do on the dials, I still get this random stuttery thing going on..

Help!! Have I broken my synth somehow or is there another explanation??

Any help would be appreciated before I wack up some large repair bill.

Many thanks,

Stephen

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Apr-02  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Is my synth broken

k

Link?:  Link

how's the midifile you're triggering it from?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             13-Apr-02  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Is my synth broken

Babbu Funk

Hasn't changed (as far as I can remember)

Message 4/6             13-Apr-02  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Is my synth broken

Babbu Funk

Ok! Here is something that I would term wierd as fk!! I exported the riff to a new cubase file so that I could then export the midi to post. Played it back and it played perfectly..

So if I play the same riff in a clean cubase file thats doing nothing else it plays ok, but in the other file where there is loads of other stuff going on at the same time, it plays rubbish - even if I just solo that one channel. Same tempo. I have tried different midi channels, same thing...

So anyway, it looks as tho my synth is ok. Nice! But something else wierd is going on... Not so nice.....

I cant think of anything saved in a cubase song file that would cause this... Perhaps something has changed that I cant think of. Any ideas?

Confused,

Stephen

Message 5/6             13-Apr-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Is my synth broken

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

check the event list, especially at the very begining of the track. ther might be some CC telling your synth to do whatever it is doing.

Message 6/6             13-Apr-02  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Is my synth broken

Babbu Funk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Cant find anything in the "big" file that isn't in the little file for that channel. Since it is the same riff exported to a new file wouldnt it have exported everything with it? Im not resetting the synth between swapping files... so any settings would still reside in the synth.

Are there any settings in cubase that determine how midi data is transmitted? Cant find anything relevant..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)