aaa Trance Track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Trance Track

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             16-Apr-02  @  01:30 PM   -   Trance Track

DjMik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New track for a project we've been working on.. Comments pls..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             16-Apr-02  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

DjMik

Link?:  No link

If i'd say it's the best track i've been working on in ages would somebody go and listen to it?  

Message 3/13             16-Apr-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

nothingnewhere

i listened. sounds like trance to me :-)

Message 4/13             16-Apr-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

xoxos

melody is a lot like an inzite tune.. which is probably a lot like _insert trance here_ :p

i don't know if the production's nice or not either.. spent the 4 mins cowering in corner w/ hands over ears trying to reach the mouse (badly positioned near monitors) maybe that means it's good??

Message 5/13             17-Apr-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Trance Track

influx

It is trance alright.

nice pic, btw

Message 6/13             17-Apr-02  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: Trance Track

panama

sounds like 'todays' trance to me... intro could be different.

gosh, now, whenever I hear trance music or music that relates to glowstick usage - I think of that Silver Droid dude in the 303 forum...

If I ever make a full-fledged ablum, I'm making that glowsticks $6.00 image the backside to my CD/vinyl.

damn funny.

Message 7/13             17-Apr-02  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: Trance Track

Paullyboy8440

woh nice man, you know what song this reminds me of though? It reminds me of ATB's My Dream.

Message 8/13             17-Apr-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

milan

the tune is alright. its well produced, but just as cliched as most of commercial trance stuff. all the way down to the franch samples. but since thats what you went for, i say good job.

Message 9/13             17-Apr-02  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

DjMik

Thanks for the comments! Paullyboy i had to go and listen to that atb track...you're right! But i HAVEN'T heard that track before..or at least i don't remember..   Milan that's exactly what we tried to do! Btw, vocals are original, by our friend Inga. Lol xoxos :P

Message 10/13             18-Apr-02  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Trance Track

Zink

It's an Ok filler track for some 1997 commercial Cheese-a-thon 'me too' trance compilation.

Personally, I don't like basslines that are just a single note on the offbeat - They just don't/can't groove. Sure, it's bouncey, but, hmmm...

I think that trance has moved on so, so much and this is a little 'retro' sounding compared to the current stuff. It might have it's place somewhere...

I can't really comment on production, because I just listened to the lo-fi. The levels sound Ok, but I'd need to turn it up and not listen on headphones to really check it out (And I'd be embarassed to play this loud!)

Sorry!

Hope I don't seem too mean.   Maybe somebody who loves this style of stuff would be a better judge, but at least I'm honest.

...But ending on a positive note, this would have been a Okish track (although still cheesey) five/six years ago.

Michael.

Message 11/13             19-Apr-02  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Trance Track

DjMik

All kinds of comments are welcome of course! The bad ones are usually the most helpful and constructive. Just keep in mind, this in NOT a "Dj Mik" track..   As my own tracks tend to be bit more progressive. This is for a group i've been working with. Thanks for listening!

Message 12/13             19-Apr-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

espoo2

Please go back and do something about that bassline. Music has moved on and left you. Not that I am the most progressive of producers, but that is basically music by numbers.

I listened to "Storm in Mind" or whatever, too. It DOES sound well produced, but why not try something new? There is a bit of good trance out there, but this stuff sounds cookie cutter/trance by numbers. Lots of people make fun of trance on this site and that is why: alot of people in the genre tend to make music that sounds exactly the same, with the same pretentious over-emotional songs with the same over-emotional presets.

This probably sounds harsher than I meant it to be. What I am saying is, you've got the production skills down, now apply it in a creative way.

Message 13/13             21-Apr-02  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

DjMik

Most of the old AND NEW trance tracks have that same old simple bass"line" on the offbeat with maybe few extra notes here and there. But you're right, it quickly gets annoying. I tried a little more groovy bassline on this one too but it didn't sound very good to me. Or maybe I'm too lazy or something.   I guess I should try to force myself to do something different for a change..

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)