aaa Help identifying elusive synth soun - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Help identifying elusive synth soun

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             28-Apr-02  @  03:47 PM   -   Help identifying elusive synth soun

mcerqueira

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I've been trying to emulate a synth sound on several musical applications (including NI FM7) but so far I havenīt achieved it (maybe because i'm a complete newbie :-).

Can somebody please hear this two small samples and try to help me? I extracted it from two tracks which feature the sound. It's the smooth, endless sustainy synth sound. On file nš 2 you can hear it increasing in volume.

Here is the webpage with the two links (you can click on it or download it to hear):

http://mcerqueira_1.tripod.com/samples/samples.htm

Thanks in advance for any help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             28-Apr-02  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Help identifying elusive synth soun

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

1st sound sounds like a pad with the bottom end taken out some by either a hipass filter or eq, and a lfo modulating... something. sounds like squarewaves with miidrange pulsewidths & a steep filter. just mess around with pad sounds and you will get something close to this.

2nd one is just a string sound with a slow attack.

Message 3/6             29-Apr-02  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Help identifying elusive synth soun

k

the second one also has the filter moving too tho, it rounds out towards the end of the chord as it progresses & sustains, until it becomes a sort of sonar rounded tone... the first one to me tho sounds like pad make from a cycled sample of something - initialy it sounds like a very smooth string tremolendo, but i think the modulation in the pad is actualy from the cycled sample loop transition.

Message 4/6             29-Apr-02  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Help identifying elusive synth soun

k

the old emu e-max is good at those sort of sounds by the way! - those sort of pads are it's forte in the pad dept.

Message 5/6             30-Apr-02  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: Help identifying elusive synth soun

proximus

Link?: Link

I love pads

Message 6/6             30-Apr-02  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Help identifying elusive synth soun

SyNtHpLaYa

Funny, cos my girlfriend doesn't..she actually prefers ta..er..nevermind..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)