aaa I might get a Nanoverb - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: I might get a Nanoverb

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             15-May-02  @  11:41 PM   -   I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I was surfing QXL today and I found an used Nano Verb. I read k's little review of it and I was convinced.. I need a reverb like this.. I just wonder how much I'm gonna bid.. I don't wanna get ripped off.. I want it cheap .. cheap cheap  

How much would you bid?

The auction ends about 9am tomorrow.. so you have to be quick to reply :-)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             15-May-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

Zink

Link?:  No link

$50
max.

Message 3/22             16-May-02  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

ok.. I'd love to get it for $50 :D

Message 4/22             16-May-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

influx

I could find you one for $50 us no problem...

but youre not US are you.

Message 5/22             16-May-02  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

no, unfortunately

Message 6/22             16-May-02  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

damballah

I could post some pictures so you can see what you're missing

Message 7/22             16-May-02  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

I know it looks ugly but it's the sound that counts isn't it?

3 hours left of the auction and right now it seems like it's gonna go for 225 Kroner.. roughly $22 =)

Message 8/22             16-May-02  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

k

Link?:  Link

well it's a good little cheap verb, but bare in mind there's no settings for predelay etc, it's nano range with presets... but yes the sound is ok for as main verb budget style

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/22             16-May-02  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

Ok.. I got it for $50 actually

All was fine until some idiot started overbiding me  

I know it's just presets, but as long as there are some usable presets it's fine.. I hope..

It's for my microwave XT

Message 10/22             24-May-02  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

Ok.. it came in the mail today.

First impression good. Nice reberb. Very nice Flange effect :D

It's a bit dodgy, I think it's the Effect choser knob. When I pick the 'chorus' effect the sound is sometimes not altered and when I nodge the knob a bit the effect kicks in. Seems like my Nano Verb has been abused..

The seller did not notify me about this.. I think he should   Maybe I'm gonna call him and try to get a discount because.. well.. he relly should have told me about it, dontcha think?

Anyway, my microwave xt sounds sweet now :D And I think the Nano Verb is pretty nice looking too.. much better than in that photo

Message 11/22             24-May-02  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

AAHHHHHH.. reverb on the microwave.. NOW I understand why they called it the big orange pad machine. This is good good good.

Message 12/22             24-May-02  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

Pongoid

Nanoverb? Poop. You might consider trying to find a used lxp-1. They sometimes pop up for super cheap and sound way better than that nanoturd. Two cents.

Ape

Message 13/22             24-May-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

Def Z

Link?:  No link

A little reverb does wonders for that XT, don't it? ;-)

Message 14/22             24-May-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

it certainly does  

Appreciate your 2 cents Ape, I know the nano verb is not exactly class but it sounds a lot better than the reverbs on my Nova.

Btw, how much is super cheap?

Message 15/22             25-May-02  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

milan

lxp-1 and mpx-5(?) also make superb distortion units if you overdrive the input  

(just dont tell anyone, ok ;)

Message 16/22             25-May-02  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

nice :D

Maybe the same goes for the nano

Message 17/22             25-May-02  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

k

Link?:  Link

I dunno wassup with Ape, the nanoverb is superb value s/h - 50 bucks?.. jesus man that's about 8 packets of ciggies in the Uk !!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/22             25-May-02  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

steve

sometimes you actually want a grainy verb tho, innit?

Message 19/22             25-May-02  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

damballah

right, sort of like a "utility" verb on an amplifier, not to mix your studio vocals through but just wet up an instrument a bit.

Message 20/22             25-May-02  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

exactly

Message 21/22             25-May-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

nothingnewhere

has it got a reverse reverb on it? love those.

Message 22/22             26-May-02  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: I might get a Nanoverb

proximus

nah it doesn't  

It's got different plate, room and hall presets. I like the chorus effect on it too.. perfect for some kinds of leads.

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)