aaa still a sampler??? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: still a sampler???

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             20-May-02  @  11:48 AM   -   still a sampler???

chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

traditionally dt has always been "save your pennies and get a bigger sampler"...but today?? i know most of you use halion, battery and your "real" sampler dont get much use anymore..

i'm thinking of getting a phrase sampler thing (korg es1, zoom sampletrack) just to be able to take my loops out and for the odd massive kick here and there...surely this is sufficient?

ive never worked with a hw sampler, and i do everything with a pc...i grew up that way and it has served me fine...

so: does anyone still need a big sampler to play live??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             20-May-02  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: still a sampler???

Pongoid

Link?: Link

yes I do, but I'm not everybody. I PLAY my instruments, and do wierd things live that others don't. I'll redo patches live onstage and try things that other might not. If you've got the cojones you play it. To play it like an instument, and not just a loop factory, you need stability, and software rarely provides that, especially in a live situation. If you're completely stuck in software get a pimp latop, a firewire DAC, and run Ableton Live.

Ape

Message 3/7             20-May-02  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: still a sampler???

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

heh heh. pimp laptop. I for one like having a hw smapler. isn't there another current thread about this same thing?

Message 4/7             21-May-02  @  02:14 AM   -   RE: still a sampler???

xoxos

man you are some freaky sorta person d.

Message 5/7             21-May-02  @  05:00 AM   -   RE: still a sampler???

errata

I have a fat computer multi-track system and I DO NOT use it for sampling (recording, yes...). I'm with Pongoid, samplers are musical instruments, I've personaly never been able to play a computer. And I'd never take one on stage!

errata

Message 6/7             21-May-02  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: still a sampler???

influx

I am moving toward audio sequencing but fully intend to keep my E6400 ultra.

as for live...not a good idea on the PC thing...but a phrase sampler wont get you very far either really

altho the ES1 is a bit more than just a phrase sampler...pretty flexible that thing

Message 7/7             21-May-02  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: still a sampler???

xoxos

don't most used samplers go for about $75 anyway? as if "playing live" is the real reason i still have mine...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)