aaa Multiple INs on soundcard - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Multiple INs on soundcard

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             11-Jun-02  @  12:53 PM   -   Multiple INs on soundcard

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Lately I've been considering multitracking on my PC, I record in one take at the moment but want to do so much more (eq, efx.. etcetcetcetc) after recording. Did the search here but came up with lots of old threads on this subject...
Can anyone recommend a soundcard with multiple analogue in's, (about ten)? Multi out is of no importance to me at all. I use SoundForge and Wavelab 4.0 at the moment... any other software to be considered for multitracking?

Thanks,
Maarten

(PS, just realised I should have put this in the soundcard forum... doh, I'll post this there... let this one die.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             11-Jun-02  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

bedwyr

i'm very happy with my terratec ews88mt, even if it is a bit quiet on the output compared to the darla i had before. i don't think you'll get ten inputs on one card. maybe 8 + dig. and thomann do it very cheap. you can hook up more for extra inputs, though eating another two slots i think, dunno, check.

i don't think you'll get a card with more inputs than outputs, someone might have an idea about the possibilities though.

Message 3/10             11-Jun-02  @  06:40 PM     Edit: 11-Jun-02  |  06:40 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

gb

Link?:  Link

You might consider getting a 01v with the adat option, and connect that to a RME Hammerfall or similar in the PC. The 01vs are getting real cheap (s/h) now, so if you ever thought about getting a digital mixer this might be a good time to do it.

If it's still too expensive for your budget, check out the Midiman Delta 1010 or whatever it was - that's what I was considering before I decided to get the solution outlined above.

Message 4/10             11-Jun-02  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

Maarten

Cheers guys, writing down both suggestions now   O1v isn't an option though... they're still far too expensive s/h in the Netherlands. 8 inputs would be sufficient I guess, just took a look at the Hoontech ADAM sumtin- nice option aswell I think...

thanks

Message 5/10             11-Jun-02  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

damballah

yeah, it seems up to 8 is pretty common, more than that and you're probably looking at something with dual lightpipes, multiple breakout boxes/converters and probably more cash than you were thinking.

Message 6/10             11-Jun-02  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

Def Z

Link?:  No link

I've an Aardvark LX6 that I like. The Q10 has 10 inputs, and I imagine that's just as good as the LX6, but maybe even better. Comes with some DSP effects, big breakout box, digital I/0. I'm happy with the performance of this piece of gear. I had an old Echo Darla that I dispised. Maybe Echo has come along way in the last ocuple of years, but my conclusion was they were crap.

Regarding software...
Wavelab is NOT a mutlitracker. It won't work for you. If you want a audio editor that will integrate well with your multitracker, Cubase is a good way to go (although, I am migrating to Sonar soon). I don't know ANYTHING about SF, but I have Wavelab and I know that I would NEVER try to multitrack with it.

Message 7/10             12-Jun-02  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

Brett

Sanoar can do everything wavleab can do as well, and offers automation of programs via envelops. You will still need wavelab for burning your disks.

Message 8/10             12-Jun-02  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

Maarten

I've taken a real close look at the Aardvark Q10 and think I'm sold  ... hmmm, bit above my idea for budget though but seems well worth it. Probably take a few extra weeks (months). Thanks for the suggestions all!

-M-

Message 9/10             12-Jun-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

k

Link?:  Link

actualy Wavelab does have a multitrack, but it doesnt do simultaneous play & record as far as I know (dont use it) - but you can do audio remixes etc with it...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/10             13-Jun-02  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Multiple INs on soundcard

Brett

but can you draw envelops for fx without the help of a the fxpansion pro? I have never really tried it, but I don't think the montage is meant for anything other than arranging tracks with crossfades. But you can do mixes in it. I don't like the envelop choices. They are not as comprehensive as Sonar. You simply highlight the over laps and select crosfade. Then use the set parameters for that. I wish they could get it together and make it more like Sonic Solutions or Sadie.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)