aaa KONTAKT has arrived !! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: KONTAKT has arrived !!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             25-Jun-02  @  02:31 PM   -   KONTAKT has arrived !!

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yup - it's here and looks great, can't wait to do the review... also comes with the usual free MAC x-grade and 2 gb's of royalty free original samples on two disks: 'Piano | drums & percussion' & 'acoustic/electric bass & guitar' plus i think there is some synth samples also on the install disk... more to comes, looks easy to use tho & no USB dongle.

The review will come after the FM7/FM synthesis review is up.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             25-Jun-02  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

k

oh yes, the install disk is a double and the second of the pair is called 'NI - Best of Synths' and there is tons of Reaktor, FM7, Pro-52, Battery, Absynth & B4 sounds... superb!!!

Message 3/13             25-Jun-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

k

and it has modulatable sample start & end points... who was asking about that feature in a sampler the other day in one of the forums?

Message 4/13             25-Jun-02  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

xoxos

Link?: Link

me

you're lying, aren't you

Message 5/13             25-Jun-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

milan

damn... that looks good. xoxos, you can stop programming that sampler now  

Message 6/13             25-Jun-02  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

k

Link?:  Link

no man this looks the dogs nutolla's!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/13             26-Jun-02  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

rotortype

i got mixed feelings using kontakt(demo).. not sure yet..seems the design is awkward, but nice, just awkward..not sure yet...still in debate.. some of the effect stuff is nice.

i wish battery was a bit better modified..like maybe a good filter, but thats not suppose to be a sampler.

Message 8/13             26-Jun-02  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

formant

Link?:  Link

i own reaktor and have built tons of samplers...

i will still be purchasing this product.

theres no way i can build stuff *this* good inside reaktor without it using up 200% of my cpu and 300% of my screen

jamey

Message 9/13             22-Jul-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

io

Does anybody know what Kontakt's like for syncing together audio phrases? I'm ideally looking for a way of timestretching and pitchshifting loops visually like in Melodyne, except Melodyne only uses monophonic audio. I've heard Kontakt has a Time Machine so you can timestretch in real-time. But does this work on polyphonic loops and can you use it to sync together loops with different lengths and pitches.

Message 10/13             29-Jul-02  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

k

just starting to get into Kontakt... and damn is this thing GOOD!!!!!!!

it's like having a top flight smapler on your desktop I kid you not, we loaded up some included presets like spanish nylon guitar and damn!... the quality is superb!! - same with the piano sample and drums etc... all superb, this thing is phenomenal as a player at least, we'll get into the details that you're asking sometime soon but sorry I dont have time to mess with it too much now....

One thing tho - when you say 'sync together loops' i dont get it?

timestretching loops in realtime I can find out quick, but the other question about sync-ing needs a better explanation.

rsvp

Message 11/13             29-Jul-02  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

k

ok from the manual.

TIME MACHINE

SPEED - changes the playback rate independently of pitch. The speed values are expressed as percentage - 100% = original speed - 200% = double-speed - 0 = stop

this parameter can be sync'd by an external midi clock or the internal clock of your host s/w if this sends clock/tempo info to plugins.

so you choose a note length valkue from the drop down list.

example: choose WHOLE from list the length of sample will be stretched exactly to fit one bar of the song at the given tempo

Message 12/13             29-Jul-02  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

toast

You can tell kontakt how long the loop is and it'll timestretch to the host tempo. The loops can be stereo and can be any number of beats. The timestretching is hardly transparent though so if you're not looking to tamper with the loops in real time you're probably better off with something else.

Message 13/13             04-Aug-02  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: KONTAKT has arrived !!

xoxos

isn't audiomulch like that??

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)