aaa Good Piano Sounds. From where? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             06-Jul-02  @  07:36 PM   -   Good Piano Sounds. From where?

Stb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello. Wondering a lot these days about getting a descent piano sound. Im working with a mpc 60, akais3000 plus tr rack... i do sampling from the turntables.. and just make hiphop beats...
One of the customers wanted me to do a rnb song with piano melodies etc... In hiphop i use lot the compressed piano from the tr rack eventhought it is not so good...
But in RnB, i need a really good one...
From what source can i get a descent piano for ballad and rnb?? roland jv2080 pianos how do they sound?? triton or motif are quite good but dont have that much money... thinking of getting the jv2080 second hand... Also ive heard that the giga pianos are quite good. Tried one... Holy grail piano for giga, and i dont know if it is good enough. The grand piano from steinberg, dont like that much because doesnt work well at my computer  ( anyways. recommendations please.  )
thanks a lot , hapy music, take care

one love

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             06-Jul-02  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

milan

Link?: Link

why not just get a sample CD since you already have a sampler? much cheaper than another module, plus i think there was a free piano afor akai somewhere, some time ago... anyway, lot of decent piano sample cd´s around, not necesarily expensive either.

Message 3/9             06-Jul-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

k

samples/files section - class = 'plugin - vsti_app'

or name-search for 'piano'

Message 4/9             06-Jul-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

k

oh sit sorry, didn't read your thread too well... that is a vsti plugin

Yes, get a disk sample set for the akai is best bet.

Message 5/9             07-Jul-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

panama

on the akai ftp site, there is a 256 meg Download of Steinway Grand piano samples... i think ftp://ftp.akaipro.com or .jp

Message 6/9             08-Jul-02  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

99devils

That's for S5000/S6000 though.

-Craig

Message 7/9             08-Jul-02  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

corley.brigman

yeah, but they are all wave files.... so you can use them with other things (i even pulled some samples into my rs7000... sounded a lot better than the built-in piano... i didn't finish it, because the rs7000 really isn't designed to do that  

Message 8/9             08-Jul-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

99devils

Yeah, sure you can do that but it'll be a lot of work. There's a shitload of samples in there, and if you can't read the original program you won't know where to map things like velo switching, etc.

But that piano DOES sound great, no?  

-Craig

Message 9/9             19-Jul-02  @  07:58 AM   -   RE: Good Piano Sounds. From where?

djjessex

since you have a sampler you might wanna heed the others advice, however if you are looking to expand you system( I recomend you do if you ever want to get and sound better ) Try the Korg M1, cheap these days, and some argue its the best piano patch ever. Avoid anything from Roland if its not vintage. The Korg should be fine, remember you not Mozart. Hope this helps

Jesse

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)