aaa Behringer 1604A Question - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Behringer 1604A Question

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Jul-02  @  09:51 PM   -   Behringer 1604A Question

pook187

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Heya. I have a 1604A and need to somehow apply a compression insert to the main overall mix. I hear the 1604A won't allow you to do this. I want to be able to monitor and record the same signal through the mixer, without having to put the compressor after the main outputs, which won't allow me to monitor the compressed signal through the mixer.

I was thinking the 2 Track send/return might be able to do do it, but I'm not sure. Are there any cheap mixers that have this main mix insert feature? Thanks for your help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             12-Jul-02  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Behringer 1604A Question

influx

Link?: Link

I had an alesis 1622 and it had main buss inserts

I think the mackies do.

youre sure yours doesnt?

what about busses? You could buss everything to a pair, compress that, and then send that to the mains?

Message 3/7             14-Jul-02  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Behringer 1604A Question

j-type

Link?:  Link

the 1604A's got a Mackie-esque Alt 3-4 buss, so yeah you could send everything to that, connect the alt3-4 outputs to the compressor inputs, and then stick the compressor outputs into a spare stereo input, with that input alone routed to the mix buss.

that should work.

Message 4/7             14-Jul-02  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Behringer 1604A Question

Stefan

Link?: Link

It should work like j-type explained. If you need the Alt-Outputs for something else, you can imitate an insert FX routing with the aux sends.
For this purpose you must send the full signal of the channels with the prefader aux sends to the compressor and set the channel faders to zero. You can then use a spare stereo channel for the compressors out ore one of the aux returns.

Message 5/7             02-Aug-02  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Behringer 1604A Question

chroma

so do you like the 1604a? im about to buy
one...pros? cons?

Message 6/7             02-Aug-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Behringer 1604A Question

marianimal

On the 1604 that Brad & I had, 3 faders failed and we hadn't had it all that long. See the "I killed it" thread if you're curious. It's worth the extra money for a Mackie, it'll last.

Message 7/7             03-Aug-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Behringer 1604A Question

chroma

thanks marianimal thats definitely a con...and youre not the first one ive heard complain...ill pass i guess

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)