aaa HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Viewing all 53 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/53             25-Jul-02  @  11:06 AM     Edit: 25-Jul-02  |  11:08 AM   -   HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am having major problems with my ES2. The problem:

Having used the ES2 for 2 days everything was running fine, and it sounded great! Then all of a sudden I load up my PC and Load up logic play a track I have been working on and the ES2 sounds like my kitchen sink garborator! I rebooted Logic and it sounded different but still crap! Now everything that I created with the ES2 sounds like shit! This is only happening with the ES2. Not with the ES1 or EXS24 (Allthough I haven't tried the EVOC). After contacting Emagic they suggested re-installing Logic, which I tried. That didn't work so I have just re-installed my entire OS (as suggested by Emagic support) and that worked for another 2 days then the ES2 reverted to spitting out garbled noise sounds.

I have the recent drivers for all of my hardware and have installed SP2 for Win2K so all is up to date. Everything on my PC runs beautifully except the ES2. I have checked on InfoWeb and various forums but it appears that I am the only person with this problem. Could somebody PLEASE help me? This is an absolute nightmare!

FYI, the other software that I have on the PC is:
Sonitus Plugins (Updated to R3)
Waves Gold Bundle
Win RAR
Sound Forge 4.5
Ohm Force OhmBoyz delay (VST)

My System is as follows:

Win2K Pro (SP2) Dual-Boot;
LAP5.1.3 (via updates from Logic 4.0);
Gigabyte GA-7DXR (AMD 761 north-bridge) BIOS F9;
AMD T-Bird 1.4Ghz 266FSB;
512MB DDR RAM PC2100;
Audiowerk 8 Audio I/F;
MT4 MIDI I/F;
Matrox G550 (Millenium) AGP Card;
21" Dell monitor, 19" Viglen Monitor;
IBM Deskstar 7200rpm ATA100 120GXP 40GB HDD (IDE channel 1);
Fujitsu 7200rpm ATA100 40GB HDD (IDE channel 3 W/ onboard Promise ATA100 Controller);
LG CDRW (IDE channel 2);

Thankyou in advance!

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/53             25-Jul-02  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

Link?:  Link

the only thing I can think of is after loading ES2 once or twice your OS is loading it's ES2 dll etc componants from cache and that cache is getting corrupted ?? - is your deathstar disk set to low setting for heat thingy? (see PC SECTION FAQ notes on this site for something about deathstar drives & how to set them for reliability

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/53             25-Jul-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Cheers K! Thanks for your response. I'll give that IBM tool a go.

However, you say that Windows 2000 will start loading the ES2 from Cache. Will it do this when I load the ES2 for the FIRST time after booting up the PC (with what should be a clean cache)? If this is the case, then I think we could be close to finding the source of the problem, as the ES2 sounds like crap ALL THE TIME, even after rebooting. Everytime Windows 2000 loads, I get four error and warning messages in the event list. These are as follows:

##################################################

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Ftdisk
Event Category: None
Event ID: 49
Date: 7/23/2002
Time: 11:16:49 AM
User: N/A
Computer: STEPHEN-E1TXB11
Description:
Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Disk
Event ID: 32
Date: 7/25/2002
Time: 5:06:56 PM
Description:
The driver detected that the device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has its write cache enabled. Data corruption may occur.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: PerfDisk
Event ID: 2001
Date: 7/23/2002
Time: 11:17:07 AM
Description:
Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event ID: 41
Date: 7/25/2002
Time: 5:05:46 PM
Description:
WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 510 for Performance Library Tcpip because no value was found in the 009 subkey

##################################################

Should I have write cache disabled? And could the corrupt page file be responsible for the problems that I am experiencing with the ES2? The one thing that I don't understand though, is why is it only the ES2 that is messing up, and not any of the other Emagic ES synths?

Thank you sooooo much for your help!

Steve.

Message 4/53             25-Jul-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

no, even if you power down when re-opening often winders will grab stuff from cache... XP takes that even further I beleive with it's 'improved memory management' which analyses your most usual programme use and pre-empt's your requests for those componements to ram. (some of the ram winders uses to store programme componants of course on-loadup.)

anyways, from the errors above, they all talk about the page file so perhaps delete your pagefile? (you have to do that in DOS mate ater booting off a floppy cos if windows loads then it's already using the pagefile and it cant be deleted. - If you delete it in dos, winders creates a new one on boot (the file is called: Win386.swp and you can see it in your C:\windows dir... just click to order-by-size and you'll see it as the largest file (around 130mb or so) )

If you have TWO drives, try setting the pagefile to the other drive (virtual memory settings in Winders where you select drive and space made available)

Anyways, it's just a stab in the dark/guess, but I'd say it could be your Deathstar drive  

however, i'm just rushing off to a gig so really i'd search/look-up some of those errors on Google.com just to be sure.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/53             25-Jul-02  @  07:11 PM     Edit: 25-Jul-02  |  07:15 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

OK, the HD is running fine, well within the max heat range and no data corruption detected. I allready thought it wasn't the HD, as I run a dual boot and the non-audio OS isn't suffering from any problems whatsoever. I also tried deleting the pagefile.sys and disabling Write Caching but the errors keep occuring and the pagefile.sys keeps getting corrupted. This got me thinking. Both of my Operating System installations (both are from the same Win2k disk) use the same hardware, but not the same software. So whatever software is running on the audio OS that is not running on the general OS is the culprit! I have the same version of Logic on both OS installations, as well as having installed the Sonitus Plugs on both OS's. Could it be that the Waves Native Gold bundle is corrupting the Pagefile.sys?

Cheers!

Steve.

Message 6/53             25-Jul-02  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

bedwyr

Link?: Link

read that article on prorec.com about waves copy protection. you might be better off using the "other" version *cough*. i don't know if it's relevant to your problem though.

steve, did i mail you back the other day?

Message 7/53             25-Jul-02  @  08:03 PM     Edit: 25-Jul-02  |  11:52 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Thankfully, I have had no probs at all with the PACE interlock, allthough, if it is capable of writing this malicious data to my disk averytime Waves is used, then this might be the problem! If my copy of Waves is causing the problem, then I have an interesting moral question: As I have payed ALOT of money for the plugins, would it be wrong for me to get hold of the "other" version? Or, more importantly, would I get in trouble?

In regards to the email q beds, what was it regarding? Forgive me, I don't mean to sound rude  

Steve.

Message 8/53             26-Jul-02  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

bedwyr

haha, i just checked again, wrong steve. sorry mate!

all you english sound the same ... *mumble mumble*

;)

Message 9/53             26-Jul-02  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Stvy

Hi,

Weird one with the pagefile, thats one of the reasons I always use 2 hard drives, even if the second is a small cheapo. Just so I can install windows again on the other harddrive and quickly delete the file and fix the problem. You can pick up a 10gig HD for about £20 these days.

Bedwyr - no you didn't mail me back. Although I'll check my inbox again.

Cheers

Stvy

Message 10/53             26-Jul-02  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Stvy

Hi Bebwyr,

Just checked my inbox cheers got your email.

Cheers

Stvy

Message 11/53             26-Jul-02  @  12:02 PM     Edit: 26-Jul-02  |  12:04 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Stvy, I allready have a dual boot setup, and I made an image of my audio partition before installing any audio apps, so I just wipe the audio partition and copy the image of the fresh installation to it.

I have now found that it is indeed Waves PACE interlock, or at least the Waves plugs, that was causing the errors in my event viewer. So I haven't installed them yet. I'm not yet sure if this solves the ES2 problem, but I will let you know in a few days.

Now the BIG problem is that I NEED the Waves processors for three projects that I have not yet finished. Not only that, but I have come to rely on several of the Native plugins and will be devestated if they can't be used. Not to mention how f*$king expensive they were. I have contacted Waves about the problem, but I have a feeling that there is not alot that they will be able to do about it. What am I going to do??? Anyone fancy buying some great plugins?

Thank you for all your help! It is greatly appreciated!

Steve.

Message 12/53             26-Jul-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

K

So someone tell me about this WAVES 'thing' ?

Message 13/53             26-Jul-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/4F0B51C39C17DA6386256B7F0077FBA6

This link will explain all.

Steve.

Message 14/53             26-Jul-02  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

bedwyr

just get the cracked version steve. if you already paid for it i can't see any problem, moral or otherwise.

in fact, waves should send you the other version coz their copy protection (which obviously hasn't worked) is fucking with your system.

Message 15/53             26-Jul-02  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Right, I think I know what I am going to do now. Cheers!

Steve.

Message 16/53             26-Jul-02  @  10:47 PM     Edit: 26-Jul-02  |  10:48 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

OK. Now I'm flipping infuriated!!! The ES2 is screwing up AGAIN! There are no errors in the event list, there are no corrupt files on my hard disk, everything is running absolutely fine. It is only the ES2 that is screwing up! I have thoroughly tested all the other Logic Audio instruments and they are all fine! What on god's bloody earth is going on??? I feel like I am cursed. I have spent well over £1000 on Logic and Waves software and it is all going to hell in a handbasket! I am NEVER spending money on audio plugins/instruments again, unless anyone has any ideas as to what could be the problem with this ES2!

Cheers all!

Steve.

Message 17/53             26-Jul-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

bedwyr

ouch.

what can you do though steve?

is your es2 from a seperate cd (than logic)? is the cd maybe a little corrupt? i don't know how it works though, does it come with the logic 5 cd and then you get a key for your xskey usb thing? anything going wrong there?

being shafted (pc-wise) by emagic is sick enough as it is.

(:

Message 18/53             26-Jul-02  @  11:57 PM     Edit: 28-Jul-02  |  02:05 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the reply bedwyr. The whole Logic 5 setup including synths came on one CD, the customer support at emagic didn't mention the XSKey so I don't think it will be that. Yeah, it does feel like I am being shafted, but Logic is such an amazing sequencer that it is difficult to carry and bad feelings towards emagic regardless of their actions. And to be honest I couldn't care less is they discontinue Windows products after the release of LAP5.2. It looks set to be absolutely awesome!

After posting the last message, I had a go at using the other ES insts again and sure enough the ESP started messing up as well. As I say, the other Audio Instruments, such as the EXS24 work absolutely fine! I have a feeling that something in my computer doesn't agree with the way the ES synths work (could it be the CPU, or RAM?). Strangely, it seems to be just the oscilators that are messing up. The filters and envelopes work fine, the unison, legato/portamento, etc functions work fine. It just seems that after about 30mins to an hours use of any ES instrument and the osilators start messing up. They start sounding like they have been fed through a hard distortion unit; all fuzzy and crunchy. Eventually the original tone becomes inaudible. I am soooooo confused.

Cheers!

Steve.

Message 19/53             29-Jul-02  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

liquidphire

Hmmmm...are you sure this doesn't happen with your other instruments? What sound card(s) are you using? Because I am experiencing a very similar problem with my VST and Logic instruments - after a while they start to sound distorted and eventually I can't even hear the original sound. However, this only happens when I'm using ASIO drivers while both of my Delta sound cards are enabled: Delta 1010 and Delta 44. If I disable one of them, everything works fine, ones I enable both of them, using Delta 1010 is like hell.

I don't know if this pertains to your particular situation, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Peace.

Message 20/53             29-Jul-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Right, thankyou. That has given me some more ideas. Thankfully, I haven't spent any money on other VSTi's (I have a feeling that if I did and they were screwing up also, I'd be nearly suicidal), so I can't tell you if that is the case. I'm only using one Audiowerk8 soundcard. You would think that this would work fine with Logic wouldn't you?

Cheers for your reply!

Steve.

Message 21/53             29-Jul-02  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

OK, I messed around with the Audiowerk drivers, but no effect. Liquidphire, could you let me know what system you are running (Hardware, Operating System, Plugins etc) to see if there is a link between our PCs that could be responsible for this problem? It would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve.

Message 22/53             29-Jul-02  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

liquidphire

I know for the fact that with my setup it's an issue with Delta drivers. MIDIMAN is already aware of this problem and they're supposed to fix it with the next driver release. There's just a conflict of some sort when I'm using both sound cards. But I can give you my computer specs if you want:

-Gigabyte 7dxr MOBO
-Athlon XP 2000
-512 RDRAM
-IBM Deskstar 120gx(?) HDs 80 + 40 GB
-Windows XP Pro running as Standard PC (no ACPI installed)
-Delta 1010 and Delta 44 sound cards
-LAP 5

The problem that I'm experiencing is affecting (effecting? these 2 always confuse me) ALL Logic instruments and ALL VST instruments though, as long as I'm using ASIO or EASI drivers.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your setup  

I hope you can resolve it ASAP.

If I can be of any further help don't hesitate to ask.

Peace.

Message 23/53             29-Jul-02  @  12:39 PM     Edit: 29-Jul-02  |  12:39 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

I have the same motherboard and hard disks as you. But, while the problem, as you experience it, is triggered off by the Delta drivers, this means it's the Audiowerk that may be causing the problem on my PC, and this suggests that there is nothing going on with the HDs. I have queried many other producers about this problem and I know that loads of people are successfully running Virtual Instruments with MIDIMAN delta drivers and with Audiowerk drivers. As I said, I have exactly the same board as you, GA7-DXR, so it looks like it is something to do with this board (if so, it is a shame as it is an amzing motherboard) that is not working with the Audio Cards. Which PCI slots are you using for your cards, in particular, which is the PCI slot of the card that you are disabling?

Thanks for your help!

Steve.

Message 24/53             29-Jul-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

liquidphire

No matter what card I disable, as long as only ONE of them is enabled at a time I will have no problems.

It is strange that we have the same motherboards though, I think one of the chips (south bridge?) on that motherboard is from VIA, and it has alway been known to be problematic with audio applications. I haven't tried this, but some people suggested to go to VIA home page and download their new 4in1 drivers. Maybe you should give it a shot?

Peace.

P.S. I'm pretty certain it's not your hard drives that are causing the problem.

Message 25/53             29-Jul-02  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Yeah, I've done the VIA 4 in 1 thing, but I am thinking that if you can only run one Audio card to prevent this thing, then I am in trouble as Windows identifies my Audiowerk8 as 4 spearate Audio cards (4 stereo).

Oh well I am past worrying. I am just going to spend money on Hardware and never spend it on software. Not a bad thing though! :¬)

Cheers again for your help!

Steve.

Message 26/53             30-Jul-02  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

liquidphire

No problem at all!

Message 27/53             30-Jul-02  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

"No matter what card I disable, as long as only ONE of them is enabled at a time I will have no problems."

+

"Yeah, I've done the VIA 4 in 1 thing, but I am thinking that if you can only run one Audio card to prevent this thing, then I am in trouble as Windows identifies my Audiowerk8 as 4 spearate Audio cards (4 stereo)."

That's just the drivers... all 8 output cards show 4 sets of stereo drivers or 8 mono drivers.... however, you say about using only one card solves it ??.... So Liquidfire, you have two soundcards?.... and Steve's got a single card but with 4 pairs of drivers for the stereo 4 ports - it made me think

in your winblows multimedia/sounds settings do you have the same output driver selected for use by windows? - if yes mebbe that might cause something (ok it shouldnt but let's start guessing)

mebbe try selecting a completely different driver for windows sounds or disable windows sounds altogether?

it doesnt hurt to add the latest via 4-in-1 - check you have the latest... also your onboard audio is disabled of course right?

Message 28/53             30-Jul-02  @  03:15 PM     Edit: 30-Jul-02  |  03:18 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Thanks for the reply K! I gave your suggestions a go but to no avail. Just so everyone knows, here is the list of everything that I have tried:

Updated BIOS for Motherboard.

Updated BIOS for Graphics Card.

Updated drivers for everything on my motherboard (Northbridge and Southbridge chipsets, AGP, 4in1 drivers, IDE and RAID drivers, etc, etc.)

Disabled absolutely everything that isn't required, both in BIOS and Windows (ACPI functions, Parellel and Serial Ports, USB-2 and Legacy USB, AMR, On-board Audio, Windows modem etc, etc.)

Moved the PCI devices around.

Tried a different graphics card.

Installed all Win2K updates and bug fixes.

Updated drivers for Audio and MIDI H/W.

Altered Windows audio and audio driver settings.

Altered system IRQ assignments.

Uninstalled and re-installed Windows and all other software.

Altered power configurations and display settings.

Resolved hardware and software conflicts.

That's all I can think of right now, however, I am sure that there are a couple of other things that I could try. Any ideas?

Thank you all so much for your help!

Message 29/53             30-Jul-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Stvy

Hi,

I can't imagine after doing all that, that its a problem with logic. I'd get on the blower to EMagic ASAP. They have too correct/fix bugs as part of trade regulations when they sell software in the EU at least.

Sorry my only contribution doesn't help that much.

Cheers

Steve

Message 30/53             01-Aug-02  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Zazza

If you turn your computer off and leave it for an hour or
so then try your ES2 does ti work?

It could be as simple as an overheating CPU..

Message 31/53             02-Aug-02  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

point... but zazza, liquidphire says he doesn't get the probs if he removes one of the cards - in Steve's case tho that's not the issue, but they might be related...

This is a ing weird one!!

Steve, in Logic, you are using the second audio device/driver tab in the audio hardware settings yes?.... and you are using the audiowerk checkbox ?

Message 32/53             02-Aug-02  @  05:00 PM     Edit: 02-Aug-02  |  05:03 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the input Zaza, but this problem keeps happening even immediately after I switch the PC on after it has not been active for days. And my CPU never gets above 60 degress c anyway.

I have tried all the settings in Logics Audio driver screens (switching to ASIO etc), but these didn't make a difference. I am getting the feeling, however, that this may actually be a problem with the CPU, or memory. If the VSTi synth data is leaking from memory or other wise, it will become increasingly corrupt and this would explain why the problem is, at first, gradual. That is, it doesn't spontaneously occur, rather it worsens over the space of half an hour. I'm upgrading my CPU to the XP2000, in a few weeks and I will also buy about 1GB of high quality RAM (I really am starting to think that this is due to faulty, or low-quality, RAM).

Because this problem doesn't seem to be related to RAM with liquidphire, I am in the process of downloading Win2K SP3, which is supposed to solve over 900 bug issues.

I'll let you know what happens (though you could be waiting a while as SP3 is 124mb).

Thanks for your help!

Steve.

Message 33/53             03-Aug-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

I gave the SP3 a go, and it caused the ES2 to behave normally. So, to test the ES2, I rebooted Logic and played the ES2 again it still sounded alright, so I continued rebooting and playing and after repeating this for about the 8th time, the ES2 reverted to sounding like crap! Oh well.

Cheers!

Steve.

Message 34/53             03-Aug-02  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

milan

damn.

Message 35/53             03-Aug-02  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

hold up - are you the one having probs with the waves plugins protection? - cos in that pro-rec guy's rant he says it effects OTHER s/w too... often.

Message 36/53             04-Aug-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Nope, I wouldn't miss something like that. I tried a fresh install of Win2K without the Waves plugs and it was still the same crap!

Steve.

Message 37/53             04-Aug-02  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

doh!.... This is becoming like the quest for the holy grail

Message 38/53             08-Aug-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Just installed the 5.2 update and this didn't work either. I am, however, very impressed with 5.2  

Regards.

Steve.

Message 39/53             08-Aug-02  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

*blubber*  

Message 40/53             08-Aug-02  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Zazza

Maybe it's an anomaly in the sub-space continuum?

You probably need to remodulate the phase array.

Message 41/53             08-Aug-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

The dilithium crystsls will na' take it!

Steve.

Message 42/53             09-Aug-02  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

k

For gods sake Jim, I'm a doctor not a pc engineer!

Message 43/53             27-Jan-03  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

You didn't find the solution to this problem, right? Too bad, cause I am experiencing an unreliable ES2 as well. The sound changes in between studio sessions, and I have no idea why.

Some times the sound gets filtered, sometimes it just sounds weak.. Using Logic 5.1 on a PIII 733.

Message 44/53             27-Jan-03  @  10:06 PM     Edit: 27-Jan-03  |  10:07 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

I think I actually mentioned in another post that I have intalled Windows XP and the problem seems to have gone. I say 'seems to', as I have become so used to not using soft synths that I only gave it a little try, but it did appear to be working just fine.

I have a feeling that this may be due to the way WinXP handles drivers. It seems much more stable all round.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 45/53             28-Jan-03  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

Umm, too bad that I AM using XP then   Most often I don't have a problem either, but sometimes the ES2 sounds different. Wierd.. I don't want to start looking for the problem since people on this board have already mentioned every possible cause without success.

Message 46/53             31-Jan-03  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Etk

Not to be one of those horn tooters, or overly assumptive...but it sounds like your using a cracked version, emagic loves to sneak in dongle checks that will subtly screw something up, just like the EXS24 detune problem. again, this is not to point fingers, but to offer an answer to your problem =P

Message 47/53             01-Feb-03  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

Well, that could be an answer since I am using a cracked copy. I was about to buy Logic 5 a while back, but Emagic happened to stop PC production which made me reconsider...
Anyway, The question is; does Steve Roughley use a dongle for his copy? If he does, we're back at square 1 again  

Message 48/53             01-Feb-03  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

If you read some of my other posts, I think you'll get an idea of where I (and alot of DT users) stand when it comes to piracy.

Here

Steve.

Message 49/53             01-Feb-03  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Jesper Hemdarve

Back to square 1 then...  
I fully understand this view of piracy and the moral aspect of using unlicensed products, and I stress that if I were to make profit out of my music, I would not hesitate to purchase the software needed. As a matter of fact, when the very last copies of PC Logic 5.5 are being sold at rediculous prices, I'll be first in line.
Until then, I'll live with my freaked out ES2.

Message 50/53             05-Nov-03  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

erikgunnarsson

Any news in this thread? I have exactly the same problem My es2 is screwed. I´m running 5.5.1 and winxp. Is this only a piracy copy problem? If so I must get my hand on a real copy, because the es2 rules.

Message 51/53             11-Nov-03  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Well you MUST get a legal copy. That is all I have to say on that matter.

As for the soft-synth problem, I found it was due to the Gigabyte GA7DXR. I found 4 others who had this problem and all of them were using the GA7DXR or DXR+. When I changed my mobo the problem disappeared. Shame as it was a damned good board otherwise.

Regards.

Stephen.

Message 52/53             18-Nov-03  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Malky

This may well be totally uselless info but have you tried older versions of logic like 4.8 as
when i moved from 4.8 to 5.0 and upwards my sample tank free went from good to utter
garbled digital shit and totally useless.

Message 53/53             19-Nov-03  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

moaner

intresting.. when i upgraded, my sample tank went from garbled digital shit to totally useless.. i was lucky if i could hear some distorted digital noises instead of an instrument - because most of all it was silent. ik multimedia aren't my friends.

Viewing all 53 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)