aaa question for A3000 users - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: question for A3000 users

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             08-Aug-02  @  11:48 PM   -   question for A3000 users

bench

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm told that all the parameters within the effects in the A3000 are midi assignable, which i gather should mean that i can write in changes to those parameters from cubase. Well i can't seem to do this. I can mess with all other parameters (filer stuff, lfo, attack/release...) just by setting the parameter i want to change to a control # on my yammie, matching the control # in cubase and writing my changes in the drum map or piano roll. But the same thing doesn't work for the effects! And yamaha tells me they don't offer tech support for the a3000 in north america anymore... and i still wish i had version 2...

any suggestions? thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             09-Aug-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

megahead

Other than the obvious controls such as cutoff and pitchbend you have to assign the parameters you want to control to a control,ie assign REVERB DRY/WET to CC56,I dont remmeber where you do it on the 3000 exactly but its somewhere in the last two buttons on the top row. Have fun....

Message 3/10             09-Aug-02  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Yes top right corner, if you search a bit, you'll see that every parameter is addressable. I can't remember how many different patches you can run, but it is quite extensive, and will respond to standard control# commands. You've found the controls for the sample params, and just above it are the program controls, including program LFO which syncs to MIDI quite nicely. I believe the menu is called 'control'. Don't be affraid to explore.

Ape

Message 4/10             09-Aug-02  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

nothingnewhere

sorry to be kinda unrelated, but what would be a fair price to pay/sell a a3k for these days?

Message 5/10             09-Aug-02  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

chroma

oh please do tell!

Message 6/10             09-Aug-02  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

k

Link?:  Link

best bet in these cases is to put cubase into record, send OUT some control data for the required effect TO cubase & record it, then go into event-edit and see what it is sending out. You then have the required parameter number you can use to control in the other direction.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/10             09-Aug-02  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

errata

actually, K... that's bit of a pain in the ass with the A3K. You still have to assign the cc controller to the effect parameter under that top right button. THEN you have to set up the assignable knob to respond to that parameter in another menu. No problem if you know what you're doing but I think he's lookin' for the simple answer.

And Pongoid's done given it. LFO does not sync to MIDI time on V1... FIND an upgrade, YO! It makes it a much better sampler!

e

Message 8/10             09-Aug-02  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

influx

hey there you go Chroma! you and NAW can hook up

I thought I found you an A4000 but the guy disappeared!

Message 9/10             14-Aug-02  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

bench

alright, back from my camping trip. good suggestions, thanks, but i swear i've done exactly that. i'll try it all ONCE MORE and hopefully report that i'm stupid and my yammie works just fine.

ps - another question. using cubase (or someting)can't you tell the a3000 to switch from one program to another mid-song? for example, if i'm using program 15 with my samples and effects all nicely done and i want to switch to program 16 with my samples tweaked differently and a differnt set of effects on them. do you do this in list edit? so far i've totally avoided list edit... maybe i shouldn't.

Message 10/10             14-Aug-02  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: question for A3000 users

influx

all you really have to do for that is highlight a part and put the prog change in there using the inspector

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)