aaa Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             15-Aug-02  @  12:39 PM   -   Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can someone tell me about the ES1 soft sampler in Logic?

Do you load samples in and then control the velocity, etc via midifiles that are pasted into the playback track?

Thing is I use an MPC but recently I've been pasting my drums into Logic and using the plugins load and automating them.

I mean with using logic audio for drums I'm able to use delays, filters, etc and able to build a really complex, cutting edge drum track in about 45 mins compared to having to do all my editing in Logic and then SCSI them over to MPC and it taking about 5 hours.

Can the ESI have attack and filter attached to velocity and can you control samples velocity easily?

What's the max amount of samples I can use in 1 ESI? Does it use alot of CPU power? Can I route indivdual drum tracks out of individual outputs on my soundcard from the ES1?

Do I go soft or stay hard?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             15-Aug-02  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Drop

Sorry maybe that should have been the exs 24?

Message 3/10             15-Aug-02  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I dunno man but save those thread titles for the other site for God's sake!

Message 4/10             15-Aug-02  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

k

basicaly 'yes' to all your questions.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             15-Aug-02  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

k

have you read the esx24 review here?.. shows alot of how it works.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             15-Aug-02  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Drop

Thanks K but I can't find it.

Also, their the same price so should I be looking at Kontact rather than the esx24?

Message 7/10             15-Aug-02  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

kontakt is much more powerfull and much more processor hungry. Exs24 is very lean, and you can open loads of them up without much extra juice.

how many samples in one exs? don't know the limit but i've got a piano patch with 240+ samples in it. that enough?

Message 8/10             15-Aug-02  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Drop

So can I have 16 esx24 tracks going on 16 seperate audio tracks routed individually through the 16 outs of my 2 soundcards and down my desk?

How do you find the esx24 Beds? Has is made your hardware samplers redundant?

Message 9/10             15-Aug-02  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

Zazza

File?:  [image]

[image file]

there u go...

Message 10/10             15-Aug-02  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Do I Go Soft or Stay Hard?

bedwyr

I use it for drums and piano & strings. The only hardware i use now is a mic & pre-amp. I don't do so much fucking with sounds as i did with the a3k, which is more like a synth. But kontakt looks good for that.

Yeah, you could run 16 easy and route them. I think the limit is 24 vsti, but 5.2 bumps that up to 64 or somethinng.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)