aaa Multi effect processor 4 vocals... - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             26-Aug-02  @  05:36 AM   -   Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

JJ Freqay

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have two questions:

1) I'm looking for a nice multi fx processor that I can run some female vocals through into my JOEMEEK and then into my computer. I'm looking to only spend about $200 any suggestions? Thanks for all your help.

2) When I record my tracks I record each track individually into Cool edit pro then I do my mixdown in there. I'm having a problem getting the mix to sound good right now. Would it be better if I just mixed down on the mixer before I put it into Cool Edit and recorded it as one track? Thanks for the help!

J

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             26-Aug-02  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

influx

Link?: Link

1)its really probably a better idea to add the FX AFTER recording, innit? you do a nice clean dry take and then add the fx...that way you can change them without changing the initial recording?

2)HUH? You record a single sound in cool edit and then sequence it elsewhere? and try to mix it after?

I dont get it.

how can you 'mix' something without running it alongside other components?

Message 3/11             26-Aug-02  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

JJ Freqay

The track is already sequenced and done, I'm talking about mix down here. Let's say I just completed a track and I'm ready to mix it down. First, I'll record the bassline, so what I do is mute all the other tracks and record the bassline into Cool Edit Pro (wav editing SW).

After the bassline is on one track I'll record the Cymbals and highs on another track. What I do is mute everything else but the cym and highs. Then I go to the snares, leads and on and on. after I get all my tracks into Cool Edit I'll add more fx and pan etc.

Would it be better to mix the track down and then record it as one wav into my computer OR do it the way I'm doing it now as multi tracks to edit individually? I know that this kind of depends on what I like, but I'm stuck and any suggestions would help out! Thanks for the help!

J

Message 4/11             26-Aug-02  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

99devils

Once you get them in the PC, mixing them in the PC offers less noise, and plugins are cheaper and higher quality (for the same price, anyways) than hardware effects.

-Craig

Message 5/11             26-Aug-02  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

influx

Im still confused. Is cool edit a sequencer too? I thought it was only a 2 track editor like wavelab...

Message 6/11             26-Aug-02  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

JJ Freqay

Cool Edit Pro has like 64 tracks with full effects on each tracks, processing and so on. It's not meant to sequence.

J

Message 7/11             26-Aug-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

Brett

Influx, he has it sequenced via midi some other way, maybe a hardware sequencer? I don't know, Why not use a DAW with midi like Cubase sx, or Sonar. full mix, aux sends, bouncing your fx to the audio and mangling it all over with full automation,remote control etc? Good used mutli fx unit is the ensoniq dp4.

Message 8/11             26-Aug-02  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

JJ Freqay

I'm sorry if I didn't include all of the information on my situation. I do have my track completed and sequenced on my synths and my AKAI MPC 2000.

All I use the computer for, as far a s music goes, is to edit my waves and do mixdowns, that's it. All my other production is done on hardware equipment.

J

Message 9/11             26-Aug-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

influx

Link?:  Link

digitech vocalist

Message 10/11             27-Aug-02  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

Brett

digitech is good stuff, harmonizer too. run a aux send to it and mute it on off to create back up harmonies on your cadences, etc. I have a digitech talker for vocoding. it's built like a tank.

Message 11/11             27-Aug-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Multi effect processor 4 vocals...

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

if you're looking for "comfort reverb" you could
find damn near anything -- used lex, alesis,
zoom, yammie, etc. -- to wet it up little bit for
singer confidence and hit your price point.
that'd maybe require you to mult out the signal
somehow from the meek box. now if you really
want a choir of fake backup singers for your
"cadences," I guess you'd have to go with
Brett's suggestion, I'm not smart enough for
that sorta shit.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)