aaa Ping Pong loop function? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Ping Pong loop function?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-Sep-02  @  12:18 AM   -   Ping Pong loop function?

Jesper Hemdarve

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I was just wondering, while reading about all these flashy soft samplers, does the EXS24 or any other VSTi sampler have a back-and-forward (ping pong) loop function? I canīt understand for the life of me why this feature is not included in more samplers (soft & hard). It's a miracle for your creativity when it comes to atmospheric sounds that need to be smooth..
Of course you could just reverse the sound in an editor and paste it in behind the original, but anyway... I'm lazy  , plus I have not seen this feature in any VSTi. cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             01-Sep-02  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: Ping Pong loop function?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

not in exs24, but in kontakt, not sure about battery or halion.

Message 3/6             01-Sep-02  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Ping Pong loop function?

Pongoid

eps 16+

Message 4/6             03-Sep-02  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: Ping Pong loop function?

nothingnewhere

s330, s550!

Message 5/6             04-Sep-02  @  01:32 AM     Edit: 04-Sep-02  |  01:32 AM   -   RE: Ping Pong loop function?

k

well surely you'd do it with a gate envelope no? but it'd have to reverse function.. hmm... in kontakrt you can select a section of the wave and drag it to a new position, so assuming you have a copy of each loaded to the same root as one wave you could mess with sections in the editor... also have you thought about Reaktor? it's got an amazing wave synthesis section

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             04-Sep-02  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: Ping Pong loop function?

beds

just choose the loop mode in kontakt, "until end " or "until release "

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)