aaa Why is my Virus phasing? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why is my Virus phasing?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             06-Sep-02  @  05:01 PM     Edit: 06-Sep-02  |  05:06 PM   -   Why is my Virus phasing?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am starting to get my head around my new Virus, but want to know why, when I hold a sustained note, the basic initial patch (single sawtooth wave) is phasing? All effects and processors are off and it is only running one oscilator, yet this oscilator is phasing. This doesn't happen with my JP8080. Can I stop this?

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             06-Sep-02  @  05:17 PM     Edit: 06-Sep-02  |  05:53 PM   -   RE: Why is my Virus phasing?

Steve Roughley

Right, scratch that. It seems to be a problem with MIDI causing this phase. How do I sort this out?

Regards.

Steve.

Message 3/6             06-Sep-02  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: Why is my Virus phasing?

influx

Link?:  Link

is it a Keyboard?

if so, and you have it hooked up as your controller, going in and out of your sequencer, then you need to turn local control OFF...

Message 4/6             06-Sep-02  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: Why is my Virus phasing?

Steve Roughley

Nope, it's a Virus C module. I am using a PC180 Edirol controller keyboard. But, when I play the synth from the keyboard it is fine. It just seems to be when I play from Logic. It sounds like two notes are being played. I.e. when I play C3 it sounds like two C3 notes are being played/layered. Could this actually be happening? It's about the only thing I can think of.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/6             06-Sep-02  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: Why is my Virus phasing?

Steve Roughley

That got me thinking though. I have found that it was because I had set the MIDI out port on the Interface and Port objects in the environment. Fuck, do I feel stupid!

Thanks for your help.

Steve.

Message 6/6             06-Sep-02  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Why is my Virus phasing?

influx

Link?: Link

I helped? heh. sounds to me like you figured it out on your own pretty much, which makes you NOT stupid!

dont be so hard on yourself!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)