aaa AKG C 2000 B vocal mic... - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: AKG C 2000 B vocal mic...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-Sep-02  @  01:20 AM   -   AKG C 2000 B vocal mic...

JJ Freqay

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just ordered an AKG C 2000 B mid sized diaphragm condesor mic and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this mic. I already have an AKG C 1000 S, but I wanted to upgarde to the next model.

The mic is going to be for female vocals in a controlled vocal room. I usually run the vocals through my Joe Meek MQ3 and then into my soundcard. Please let me know what any of you think about this mic. Thank you for your time.

J

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-Sep-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: AKG C 2000 B vocal mic...

damballah

Link?: Link

there's no way anyone could tell you without hearing it in front of that particular vocalist. it could be perfect. it could suck.

Message 3/5             19-Sep-02  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: AKG C 2000 B vocal mic...

JJ Freqay

Link?:  No link

true...

j

Message 4/5             19-Sep-02  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: AKG C 2000 B vocal mic...

k

Link?:  Link

that is true but i do find akg mic's whilst good to have a slightly metalic quality (the c1000 does) - very breathy with the right singer, but otherwise that 'breathy' range becomes a bit matallic... they are good mic's tho - the 3000 is crsp... what about that C-1/B-1 (studio electronics) s'posed to be like a nuemann thingy - cheap... I was going to buy a box of six last month but got sidetracked..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             19-Sep-02  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: AKG C 2000 B vocal mic...

milan

Link?: Link

i only used C4000 in that range, and i liked it for female vocals. ok, its no neumann but its quite ok really... C1000 on the other hand, used it only once and didnt like it much. i´m pretty sure that C2000 would be an improvement over that.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)