aaa Reverb & fx -Wot do u put where ? - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Reverb & fx -Wot do u put where ?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             06-Oct-02  @  10:59 PM   -   Reverb & fx -Wot do u put where ?

Dale

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would really be interested to hear what effects people put on stuff.
I do d'n'b but am puzzled as what goes where.
I.e. do you put reverb on bass and kicks, how much to put on drums and percussion etc.
Also do you eq your fx?...and where do you pan the fx etc.
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             07-Oct-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Reverb & fx -Wot do u put where ?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

whew!.. there is so much things you can do - but.. work on

delay timings to make tracks roll - checkout the TABLES link icon at the top of the site for some delay calculators, different delay times work different according to what drum WHERE in the beat is triggering it...

ok so mix delay timings with autopanning & eq sweeps and whatever else you want to try by routing the delay into the next fx unit...

um, reverb on drums>?.. well why not?... boomier kiks can be had with some verb.. also checkout recording/bouncing-down in s/w those kiks or drums with verbs on so you record the reverbed drum, then chop that audio loop up so the reverb & ambience on the drum-loop you made is also chopped up as well, which makes good drum&bassness... you can mix audio chopped-up bits with midi trigger parts, etc... dont be afraid to use distortions & overdrives and guitar amp/cabinet sim's on drums & basslines etc..... gated versb can be good... gated choppy synth parts can be good too, or gate & trigger the actual reverb return so you have a drum pattern with it's own gated ryhtmic reverb decay...

you can record reverb decys on reversed loops and then paste that recorded reverb onto the next track and offset it, reverse it, etc etc

there's so much you can do - check the FXRACK icon and there' some article pages on delay & reverb & gates (for the rhythmic gating/chopping stuff)....

also pumping compression is good on things...

then think about how to combine them, but learn lots of individual techniques and eventualy you'll start to see ways to combine them... checkout routing of the signal in your studio or s/w sequencer... messw ith how fx differ in combination according to how they are stcked in what order... such as eq & compressor or compressor & THEN the eq... different fx it has...

same with delays... a delay repeat CANB be very dull with NO top-end eq, but louder than a normal delay repeat it might sound like something else entirely.

just play basicaly  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)