aaa and if you use a keyboard microQ - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: and if you use a keyboard microQ

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             14-Oct-02  @  02:37 AM   -   and if you use a keyboard microQ

marianimal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My only quibble with the microQ so far is that the keyboard version doesn't appear to have any fast way of switching through patches in a multi to be played on the keyboard. With an external controller, sure, you can just change MIDI channels, but with the mQK, I have to go into the multi settings, turn off whatever is assigned to the keyboard and turn on the patch I want to hear (Keyboard or MIDI + Keyboard setting) each time I want to switch patches. There's no way this would work live. I suppose I could assign different patches to different sections of the keyboard and then change octaves when I want to change keyboard patches, but it's pretty un-intuitive. The numbered buttons at the bottom can change patches, but if the patch is assigned to MIDI only in the multi settings, the keyboard still won't play it. This is particularly frustrating for my partner when I'm not there and he just wants to flip through my multis and see what sounds are already in them. I spose he'll just have to do that from his controller where he can change channels. Any other suggestions? A hidden feature I don't know about?

Other than this odd detail, and the fact that it doesn't like having its multis changed while MIDI info is coming through, I don't have any problems with my baby. :-)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             14-Oct-02  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: and if you use a keyboard microQ

influx

Link?: Link

theres no multi single mode like on a virus?

Message 3/5             15-Oct-02  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: and if you use a keyboard microQ

marianimal

There's multi mode and single mode. In multi mode you can press buttons to look through your sounds but they don't play unless they're assigned to the keyboard.

Message 4/5             15-Oct-02  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: and if you use a keyboard microQ

influx

Link?: Link

hmmm..

virus has "multisingle" mode, which is multi mode, but arranged like singles, and you can switch patches readily, but the rest of the channel settings are retained...

sorry I cant help ya!

Message 5/5             16-Oct-02  @  07:23 AM   -   RE: and if you use a keyboard microQ

marianimal

Tanx anyway. When Brad wants to access my sounds he will just have to flip through channels on his controller like we used to with the rack model. No big deal. For live I'll just do the keyrange assign thing if it becomes necessary.

Incidentally, I've been encouraged to play with the Virus while Brad's away and I'm looking forward to looking into that little beastie. It will be interesting to compare.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)