aaa Weird phasing sound - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Weird phasing sound

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             26-Oct-02  @  09:27 AM   -   Weird phasing sound

Si

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my mixer, or something plugged into it. Basically, I have the main outs on my mixer (Behringer MX2642A) going straight into inputs 1 & 2 on my Hoontech, and when I have the plugged in, I get this weird phasing sound, almost like a flanger without the modulation, or if you tweaked the frequencies and gave it loads of highs. Unplug the cables and it's fine, though I can't record anything.

I've tried different cables, and even plugging the Hoontech into the 2TK out's on the mixer gives the same weird sound.

Anyone come across this before?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             26-Oct-02  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Weird phasing sound

psylichon

Link?: Link

I bet you have input monitoring selected on the hoontech. If that's the case, then you're going to hear your source signal at the mixer and through the soundcard, with a slight delay on the soundcard (becuase of latency) causing the phasing you're describing.

somewhere in the hoontech's setting you should be able to turn off input monitoring.

Though if you're taking the stereo outs of your mixer to the hoontech, I'm curious how you're monitoring the hoontech without the mixer. And if you're using the mixer, how you're avoiding feedback.

psylichon

Message 3/7             26-Oct-02  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: Weird phasing sound

k

Link?:  No link

yeah a loop... if you feed the hoon OUT (l/r) or whatever back into the mixer then the channels it's plugged into CANNOT be routed back to the Hoon' IN otherwise you'll get a loop thing. so use some spare stereo Bus on the mixer to route to the Hoon' & use the master bus to feed the amp ONLY.

Message 4/7             26-Oct-02  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Weird phasing sound

Si

Yeah, I've got the Hoon going into one of the stereo channels, then the main out going to the Hoon again. How will I go about recording the audio from the computer? I'll need one channel going from the mixer to the Hoon - where does this one come from?

Cheers!

Message 5/7             26-Oct-02  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Weird phasing sound

influx

kilo just told you. use a buss out from your mixer, and send the part(s) you want to record to the BUSS...

alternatively you can have the S-card wired to your tape return inputs on the mixer, and monitor that way, but that wont work if youre mixing midi and PC stuff on the mixer...

Message 6/7             28-Oct-02  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Weird phasing sound

Si

Ah yeah, got it. That's done the trick  

Cheers,

Si.

Message 7/7             28-Oct-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Weird phasing sound

xoxos

i love that feedback.. run a .ra of 'old cape cod' through it with just the right amount of regen, it sounds like a fucking diamond

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)