aaa saving the virus (externally) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: saving the virus (externally)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             28-Oct-02  @  06:20 AM   -   saving the virus (externally)

queasy00

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hey...
anybody have good ideas on how to save virus patches on disk? i would use sounddiver, but i don't have the money to actually buy the full version (that 30 min and out thing kinda stinks).

but maybe it's enough.

anyway, i was wondering if maybe you guys had good ideas on it.

-j
.//am i the only one paranoid about data loss? ;)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             28-Oct-02  @  06:48 AM   -   RE: saving the virus (externally)

proximus

Link?:  No link

I'm paranoid too.. I simply don't dare to deal with sysex  

Message 3/7             28-Oct-02  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: saving the virus (externally)

influx

man..its SO simple!
FIRST you can do it in any sequencer pretty much..well..new ones...

are you using a soft seq? or even a HW one you would just arm a track, make sure its sysex enabled, hit record, and then hit store on the virus

as for the soundiver thing...well...theres a virus only version for free at the access site...

email me if you need some help, bro

Message 4/7             28-Oct-02  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: saving the virus (externally)

Maarten

Link?: Link

Influx, happen to know how to enable the MPC for sysex?

Message 5/7             28-Oct-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: saving the virus (externally)

influx

I think the MPC is set to always record...but....RTFM 

hehe. just kidding. Im not that familiar with the MPC but...if theres a midi filter section thats where it would be I assume

Message 6/7             31-Oct-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: saving the virus (externally)

99devils

Norsez' Virus editor (plug for a DT guy)

I use Sonar to back up my synths, personally.

-Craig

Message 7/7             31-Oct-02  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: saving the virus (externally)

psylichon

Yeah, I don't know why you fear sysex, people, it's a wonderful thing. Never let me down. I just save my Nova's multi-program performances as one sysex bank in Sonar. The sysex is saved with the session, and if you use more than 6 sounds (one multi performance), then you can just save another bank (up to 256). The best thing is edits you make on the sounds in a multi performance are saved in the edit buffer and with your sysex transfer without having to save it to the Nova's internal memory. This means I can tweak away my standard sounds and save those tweaks with the song without having to save another patch in the Nova.

Yes, sysex is a beautiful thing.

psylichon

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)