aaa Yamaha_S 80 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Yamaha_S 80

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             10-Nov-02  @  02:03 AM   -   Yamaha_S 80

wam26

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do you record notes, phrases, melodic lines,
etc etc etc with the S-80. We have searched the
operations manual and have had trouble deciphering
all the technical jargon. Because of the obvious
sophistication of this wonderful machine, when
we purchased, we just assumed that copying
anything that was input would be a simple thing for this unit. Would someone please advise by
a clear explanation that my sons and I can understand...or at least include the page number
of the manual where we should look. We appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer
this poor brass player!! Thank you!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             10-Dec-02  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Yamaha_S 80

joegerardi

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Unfortunatley, you cannot record anything into the S80. That requires something called a "Sequencer," and the S80 does not have one as part of its software.

But don't despair. Setting all that up is very easy by using your PC. I assume it has a soundcard, right? Then all you need do is get a software sequencer, connect the soundcard's MIDI Out to the S80's MIDI In, then S80's MIDI Out to the Soundcard's MIDI In, start the program, and with some very easy set up, press record, and play your heart away

One thing, though: Your soundcard might not have come with a MIDI connector cable. If not, any competent computer dealer should have them on the shelf.

Now, as to software, there's a gazillion programs out there, and many of them are freeware or shareware. Here's a site that has hundreds of them. (Not knowing if you're on a PC or a Mac, I included links to both sites.)
PC:
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MIDI_SEQUENCERS/

Mac:
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/mac/MIDI_SEQUENCERS/

It's not as daunting as you might think. It's really just like recodring with a tape deck.

Hope that helps.

..Joe
joegerardi@yahoo.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)