aaa Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             11-Nov-02  @  04:32 PM   -   Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Could anyone help me on this: I had to exchange the capacitors on my Juno 106 jack board due to occuring noise and distorsion. However some of the electrolyte capacitors did not have the polarity signed so now I have a steady chorus!
If someone has the schematics of this item, please provide help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             11-Nov-02  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

xoxos

Link?: Link

ahahahahah..

funny.. i "fixed" a jx3p once and ending up making the chorus stick on w/o a clue..

how many capacitors are there? can't you jsut mix n' match til it works?

Message 3/14             11-Nov-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

I am just doing it, but while the scheme is rather old the paths(the tracks on the scheme)they got loose ((
I'll keep on trying: I love my juno!
If U learn where to find the schematics, write down please!!!!
THX!

Message 4/14             11-Nov-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

milan

good luck to our bulgarian comrade!

Message 5/14             13-Nov-02  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

Deano

If the electrolytic caps have no polarity markings it's likely that they are of the non-polarised type. These are like two caps back to back in one package. If you replace these with a regular electrolytic you will have problems. With the advances in capacitor technology you may be able to find a non-polarised polypropylene or similar of the same value and voltage rating. If so this is a better option. Otherwise you'll have to look for non-polarised electrolytics which are quite hard to get.

Message 6/14             17-Nov-02  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

OK, Deano, what does "back to back" mean: I need to replace a 10uF/16 V non polarized by 2 polarized caps: which walue do they need to be? Do I connect them parallely or consequently and if paralel: + to - and visa versa?

Message 7/14             17-Nov-02  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

k

manual & schematics at that address

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/14             18-Nov-02  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

xoxos

i don't know very much, but i don't think you can do that. i believe you need an unpolarised cap, i don't think you can jsut put them in there 69 style. might be wrong.

Message 9/14             18-Nov-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

To whom it concerns:
If anyone wants to do this: there is only one way for it to work properly
Two cap are connectet + to plus(- to -)
a-II-i-II-b
Two diods are connected like this:
a-II-b
Connect a to a, b to b, i to i
This according to CET would be the way of preventing the backwords bias and to get 1 non-polar from two polarized caps!
I am about to buy a paper 10uF/63V caps to replace the old non polar 10uF/16V!
If anyone has an opinion: share it!!!
Good luck!

Message 10/14             18-Nov-02  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

about the written above:
the scheme I drew for the diods is unshown for som reason: here I try to reproduce it again!!!
a--I{-i-}I--b

Message 11/14             18-Nov-02  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

Deano

Paper?? I didn't know anyone still made paper caps. 10uF /16V should be easy enough to find in a modern non-polarised type ( polycarbonate, polypropylene etc). The old non-polarised electrolytics were only used because in those days it was the only way to get a high value cap in a small package. There is no point messing about with diodes to make up a non-polarised electrolytic from two polarised ones. I don't know the function of the caps in this cct but a diode is a non-linear element and it's best to stay clear of these in an audio cct. Unless you are making a fuzz box.

Message 12/14             29-Nov-02  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

R.A.T.

Been considering investing in a Juno myself. Do you get many problems ? Anything I should look for when buying ?
Cheers

Matt

Message 13/14             29-Nov-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

To tell U the truth: I am in love with this sytnh: I've seen and listened to many others, but:forget about any yamaha!
Juno has a very warm beautiful sound!
Tip: I guess U have a midi cable(according to the info U gave)
So : find a Juno Librarian
Attach the Juno and try out all the sliders(it was the first problem on my juno: so I was supposed to invent an external command board because I love the analogue)
If they are OK they will occur stable on the Software!
Otherwise: there is not much to get ed up(It is just because my juno ist third hand why I got that many problems!)
Be aware of one thing: spare parts are extremely hard to find and substitutes just do not exist!
Try out the juno before bying it: it should have clear pure sound and find out in the internet the signs of a technical faults(there are two IC that usually fail and the symtom is that every 6-th pressed key doesn't funktion!)
Good luck: I did not have it when buying!

Message 14/14             04-Dec-02  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

R.A.T.

Cheers mate.

I'll be looking in January. Will let you know how I get on.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)