aaa New synth on a PCI card ! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New synth on a PCI card !

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             13-Nov-02  @  10:57 AM   -   New synth on a PCI card !

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Interesting, a new synth out in December - called IKARON - it comes on a PCI card:

Frei Audiotechnik, a Swiss manufacturer of musical instruments, introduces Ikaron, a modular synthesizer for the PC. The PCI card acts like an independent sound generator that can be accessed comfortably on the PC. It offers individual inputs and outputs as well as five DSPs providing computational power for up to 64 voices. You can choose among over 40 modules to build your own synths: Virtual analog components, sampling, FM, wave sets, and effects. No profound knowlegde of synthesizer architectures is needed to connect them, as there's a framework where the modules can be inserted. Ikaron will become available in December 2002. It’s shipped ex works for EUR 865.- (excl. VAT).

It has a s/w control & editing s/w including a sample editor.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             13-Nov-02  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

the card

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             13-Nov-02  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

influx

Link?:  Link

funny how they all look the same

seems odd that someone would put this out with Pulsar already rocking, and Oasys damn fine as well if you stay on 98...

Message 4/8             13-Nov-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

psylichon

why won't korg make XP drivers? seems dumb

Message 5/8             14-Nov-02  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

influx

the card is discontinued so no further support.

sad cuz that thing was badass!

Message 6/8             15-Nov-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

psylichon

cousin to my DSP factory... comeon, supergeeks, reverse-engineer!!!

psylichon

Message 7/8             15-Nov-02  @  01:32 AM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

influx

I think the prob with Korg is that they wouldnt release the...whatever you need...to enable aftermarket drivers

not sure how that works.

ever play with one? theyre pretty damn cool, and they STOMP all OVER a DSP factory! 

Message 8/8             15-Nov-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: New synth on a PCI card !

psylichon

well, they're two different products entirely. No synths on a DSP factory. But lots of DSP on both of them. Would love to see them live long aftermarket lives. But like you said, it's tough to reverse-engineer a DSP chip.

psylichon

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)