aaa Vocoder on SN2 and other question.. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Vocoder on SN2 and other question..

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             14-Nov-02  @  05:18 PM   -   Vocoder on SN2 and other question..

Mr question Asker

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I've been experimenting with the vocoder on the SN2 by running different internal sounds through it, but it sounds kind of weak to me. Is this just user error or is the vocoder on the SN2 weak? I'm trying to get a really nice, bright, fizzy old school vocoder sound with like a saw wave or something. Please help if you have any information! Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             14-Nov-02  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Vocoder on SN2 and other question..

errata

Had the same problem with the Nova. It's because the vocoder is very sensitive. Play with the Sibilance to get more of a robotic effect... and the patch you're using DEFINATELY makes a difference! A little trial and error goes along way with it.

e

Message 3/4             15-Nov-02  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: Vocoder on SN2 and other question..

psylichon

Link?:  Link

don't filter your carrier signal (i.e. the patch you'r vocoding) at all. It should be bright, buzzy, and obnoxious. Haven't experimented with unison sounds yet, but I bet they would sound good as carriers. Point is it has to be as bright as possible. The vocoder filters are too sensitive, imo.

psylichon

Message 4/4             15-Nov-02  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: Vocoder on SN2 and other question..

errata

Yeah, they are! But when you find the right patch and the right combination of settings it sounds very NICE!!

e

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)